Apple announces iPad, stock drops 8.59 points.

Invidiosulus

The cube was pretty neat, even if they did overheat. Or is that the new iMacs that overheat? Wait a minute... they both do...

If the ASUS T91 had a 10 inch screen instead of the 8.9 inch, I would be all for it, especially if it would do at least 1024 x 768.

http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=qdwslBLhhfuw43HS

There are "holes" in any OS if you are willing to exploit. OS X is a variant of UNIX with a nice GUI. Windows is a variant of VMS with a nice GUI. Both UNIX and VMS have lots of holes. Bill Gates has more enemies than Steve Jobs.

Apple got bad reviews on the first imacs and ipods and OS X. So where are they now? Kicking the crap out of Windows on security and functionality :) A good place to be as a product and brand.

Apple got bad reviews on the first imacs and ipods and OS X. So where are they now? Kicking the crap out of Windows on security and functionality :) A good place to be as a product and brand.

Ian, I'm mostly just funnin' you. Apple is making some great products and it's great to have the competition. We all win whenever that happens. We've seen a large increase in Apple computers among sudents at the school where I work. There are some thinkgs from a technical standpoint that I feel they should have been addressed long ago, and they haven't been.

The newer aluminum iMacs were having a problem with power supplies, causing them to overheat. We've had three out of ten with that problem, with two of them causing drive failures. They are elegant, fast, have beautiful displays, but I still think they could use better venilation. In a school or office situation, they could be a little louder and still not be noticed. Longevity of parts is really important.

Over the course of thirteen years, we've had a higher percentage of DOAs on the Apples compared with the Dells we purchase, and we buy a lot more Dells. The Macs still cost more. We have gotten a great ROI with the Dells, as we are just now taking 6-8 year old PCs out of service. The NEWER Macs are great, the OS is a lot better, but you can say the same about other manufacturers computers and Windows, too. Or linux, for that matter. Or Solaris. Sun is making incredible server hardware these days, and the price is way better than in previous years.

The most difficult thing is the interoperability between the two operating systems, and neither one will play fair for that to work smoothly, It's better but not there yet.

It's easy to pick on Bill Gates and MS since they are the top dog.

• 3 weeks later...