RIP Captain Phil Harris

kelA

Captain Phil Harris of the fishing vessel, Cornelia Marie, has died from a stroke. He was one of the captains from TV's Discovery channel show, The Deadliest Catch. Captain Harris was one of the more colorful figures from the show IMO. He will be missed by all who liked the show. RIP Cpt. Phil.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100210/ap_on_en_tv/us_obit_phil_harris

post-16822-13819540097902_thumb.jpg

post-16822-13819567176762_thumb.jpg

post-16822-13819568539364_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Thank you for sharing this with us.

I love The Deadliest Catch and find all of the people on that show so interesting. I cried when Captain Harris first got sick, about a year ago. I have watched the show since its inception. As a matter of fact about a week ago I asked dtel if he knew when new season would be airing.

The Captain will be sadly missed by his peers.....they really are a tight group.

Captain Harris and his family will be remembered in our prayers.

That sucks!

I really liked Captain Harris. Said to see him go and my prayers with his friends, family and boat crew.

I am also anxiously awaiting the next season of Deadlist Catch. It'll probably be around June or so before we see it (the fishing season is currently in session, or at least just wrapping up).

Yeah, according to the reports they are in the middle of filming the opelio season. We should have one last king crab season with Phil to air. It is one of my favorite shows on Discovery. I will never forget Phil's reaction and contagious laugh a few years ago when the captain of the Time Bandit, pulled a prank on Phil and tied a old pickup truck to one of Phil's crab pots and sank it to the bottom of the sea. The look on Phil's face when they pulled up that old truck was priceless.