What Xover is this in a LaScala?

Coytee

This doesn't look how I remember my AA's to look. Is this a stock unit or has something been done to tweak it?

Looks like a newer version of the AL as the ones that came in my la scalas had mostly iron core inductors this AL has mostly aircore inductors unless as you said someone tweaked it.

This seems to be a hot topic.

I've learned that the AL are the least favorite for the La Scala, except the AL-3 which is good. Does the placard on the front of your crossover say AL, AL-2, AL-3? I can't tell from the pic. I've seen an actual placard with an AL-3 label, but I have not seen an AL-2, even though I'm told an AL-2 was produced. AL and AL-2 are not the best. A, AA and AL-3 are ALL better. At least that's what I have been told by all the experts I've talked to. If you want the best, I under the ALK is top notch, but it is also 600 bills.

I've got a new Crites A/AA on the way and I can't wait to compare it to my AL. Who knows what difference I will hear. I'll report back with the results next week.

Does the placard on the front of your crossover say AL, AL-2, AL-3? I can't tell from the pic

I can't really tell either. My understanding is this is the back of a speaker that is in PWK's house which is why I was wondering if it was modified, even if the label DID say it was a 'such & such'.

I just noticed those circular bobbin type things and that got me wondering.