lets talk about timbre

The Dude

This has something to do with the things sound in the front 3 channels right. As of right now I have a rc-52 for my center with my Heresies. I didn't notice anything I actually think it sounds good. But then again I haven't heard a all heritage system. What could I be missing. The reason I ask is cause my next project will be my theater room in the basement. Which will consist of either K-horns or Lascalas, I originally considered the lascala as a center but to do so I would have to move my screen in front of it pushing everything 2 feet back. I then came up with the idea of using a rc-64 do to its smaller blue print. I guess I could just set everything up for the lascala and if it doesn't work out I can move to a smaller heritage line or then the rc-64. Just wanted to get some more Ideas. I have read a couple of post about this but not much. duder.

If you ever have a receiver and run its setup pink noise through each speaker at a time you will hear what timbre is.

Fortunately you do have Klipsch with horns in both places. Horns have a distinct sound, different than other speaker designs. Your setup probably does sound good, but with a more appropriate center speaker it will sound great.

If you ever have a receiver and run its setup pink noise through each speaker at a time you will hear what timbre is.

Fortunately you do have Klipsch with horns in both places. Horns have a distinct sound, different than other speaker designs. Your setup probably does sound good, but with a more appropriate center speaker it will sound great.

So what you are saying is since horns have a distinct sound of their own, that we wouldn't hear much of a difference.

Also what do you mean by pink noise.

I did how ever put my Corns for fronts and one of my Heresies for a center. Other than being louder and more dynamic I don't see much difference going with a all Heritage setup. Also I don't see how one speaker in a system such as the tweeter make any difference.

The main reason I am looking into this more is for the fact of building a dedicated theater downstairs, with either K-horns or Lascalas, and I just want to have the right center. If I go with a Lascala for the center then that pushes my screen up 2 feet, which I guess I should probably do for mounting purposes. But if I could go with something like a rc-64 I could save a little room.

When I finally went with a LaScala between my 2 LaScalas it blew me away. I thought it sounded good with the KLF 20 and it did but not only is the timbre perfectly matched, I also don't think anything can hang with a LaScala for dialogue. I really couldn't believe it.

Today I watched Terminator Judgement Day and there's a scene where a helicopters slowly moves from left to right. Talk about a demonstration for a matching front 3. The sound was perfectly seamless as it moved. Find a way to do it man. You can talk yourself out of it all you want but when you do come around you're going to wonder why you didn't do it long ago.

When I finally went with a LaScala between my 2 LaScalas it blew me away. I thought it sounded good with the KLF 20 and it did but not only is the timbre perfectly matched, I also don't think anything can hang with a LaScala for dialogue. I really couldn't believe it.

Today I watched Terminator Judgement Day and there's a scene where a helicopters slowly moves from left to right. Talk about a demonstration for a matching front 3. The sound was perfectly seamless as it moved. Find a way to do it man. You can talk yourself out of it all you want but when you do come around you're going to wonder why you didn't do it long ago.

And that's the perfect example of what to expect! (You lucky dog! You wouldn't happen to have another LaScala sitting around?) My Heresy center pulls it weight but I can't imagine what another timbre matched LaScala would do!

I'm convinced, I think its the best thing to do. If your going to do it do it right I have plenty of length to work with so I shouldn't have any problems.

And that's the perfect example of what to expect! (You lucky dog! You wouldn't happen to have another LaScala sitting around?) My Heresy center pulls it weight but I can't imagine what another timbre matched LaScala would do!

This makes sense, I was a bit confused since wikapedia just talk about separating certain pitches, which seems could be a issue dealing with music but the way you put it makes more sense. thanks for all the help on making a big decision. All this research I need to start buying and quite talking. Just one thing at a time.

Billy- I am thrilled to hear that the LS is working so well for you- It was sitting around here collecting dust. Really enjoyed talking audio with you when you picked it up. Please drop by any time when you are up to Gastonia. We can play some tunes and compare notes. Look foward to hearing from you.

The LS is the ultimate center for Heritage Ht[Y]

Athother first class stand up forum member[Y]- You are welcome at my house anytime

When I finally went with a LaScala between my 2 LaScalas it blew me away.

Yep , the fully horn loaded front 3 is awesome . Way to go Billy and nice job of keeping it quiet . Did you get the single from Winchester ?

Yeah Willy, It worked out that I was going to be up his way for my father inlaw's birthday. It couldn't have worked out better. The speaker is the same year, same tweeter (K77M) and original AA crossover. An exact match. You told me I would find one. Well, I did. Now I need 2 more. just TWO more.

Billy- I am thrilled to hear that the LS is working so well for you- It was sitting around here collecting dust. Really enjoyed talking audio with you when you picked it up. Please drop by any time when you are up to Gastonia. We can play some tunes and compare notes. Look foward to hearing from you.

The LS is the ultimate center for Heritage HtYes

Athother first class stand up forum memberYes- You are welcome at my house anytime

hey man, the pleasure was all mine. I'd definitely like to hear what that set up will do. I recently heard Willy's 5 Belles (again) and it I knew I had to try to get to that level. I should have taken the time to give yours a whirl. Next time for sure.

Now I need 2 more. just TWO more.

HaHa , that's what they all say . We should do a Bobby Flay style throw down !

Sounds good man. The weather is getting right for it. We're pretty open. I have regular hours so you let me know when it's good.

Sunday it is , lol . Could be pretty interesting . Different rooms and configurations . I'll supply the db meter :) .

So what you are saying is since horns have a distinct sound of their own, that we wouldn't hear much of a difference.

Somewhat. You'll hear a difference but it won't be as obvious as if you were to use a non horn-loaded speaker.

Pink noise is a static-y sound that most newer receivers will output from one speaker at a time. Its main purpose is to balance the output of each speaker to each other but it will also let you hear differences in sound from speaker to speaker.

I did how ever put my Corns for fronts and one of my Heresies for a center. Other than being louder and more dynamic I don't see much difference going with a all Heritage setup. Also I don't see how one speaker in a system such as the tweeter make any difference.

Louder and more dynamic is a good thing! Every driver within a speaker affects the sound you hear. A good example is what many individuals on here have experienced with replacing their tweeter diaphragms from polymer/phenolic to titanium. The tweeters come a live, have much more detail and sound much smoother at the same time. And that's from only changing the material the tweeter is made from!

The main reason I am looking into this more is for the fact of building a dedicated theater downstairs, with either K-horns or Lascalas, and I just want to have the right center. If I go with a Lascala for the center then that pushes my screen up 2 feet, which I guess I should probably do for mounting purposes. But if I could go with something like a rc-64 I could save a little room.

There will be some compromises when you want to get the best sound possible. An RC-64 will save you some room. So will a little Bose cube. Heck, why not use Bose cubes for all your speakers! Just think of all the room you could save! Of course, the Bose will probably cost you the same as the Klipsch so you won't be saving any money. [;)]

Pink noise is a static-y sound that most newer receivers will output from one speaker at a time. Its main purpose is to balance the output of each speaker to each other but it will also let you hear differences in sound from speaker to speaker.

Mine does this when I am calibrating the system the built in mic in the remote picks it up and adjust accordingly. Funny the right is crank up more than the left I wonder if something is wrong there.