Is $650 a good deal for a mint pair of RF-7's???

darthdave

I agree. The RF7's are why I almost didn't consider the RF-83's. Klipsch did something to really smooth out the response on them compared to some past Reference speakers and even the newer 82's. When I heard them a/b'd with a set of Paradigm Signature S-8's I kept on getting them confused thinking the S-8's were the Klipsch because they were brighter and harsher because of past experience with some Klipshc speakers.

For the most part I guess if you love the heritage sound you probably dont like the reference sound..Two different kinds of klipsch listeners...

I just use them for what they were designed to do. I currently have a RF-83 system for all TV usage and 3 different Heritage systems for music only. Now I have heard Roger's all LaScala HT so I know that Heritage speakers can do HT but for me they're not intended to so I just let them do what they do best. Just my opinion.

James

I always thought threw my experience the heritage (especially lascala and khorns) are great for classical, opera, old country..Not the punch and slam effect but they create great stage for classical jazz type music...while the reference type speakers are suited better for digital DVD HT and modern R&B rock n roll type music..Is this fair to say?

Is this fair to say

Yes that would be fair to say.

I don't have a lot of listening time with either LaScala's or K-Horns but time that I have listened to them it was with that type of music. Now those setups with a nice sub can do wonders for the low end, then again your getting away from just the speakers themselves.

James

I kept every single pair of Klipsch I bought to this day except for the RF-7s which I gave them to my sister.

I have to ask you why neo ? im curiouos to know why only the RF7s you gave away ??

I suppose that's why Klipsch makes so many different models.My brother offered to give me his Corns back in the late 70's,although I liked em',even then they looked old and would not fit in with the decor.

That's what makes this hobby so great. Everyone hears different things. I can't tell you how many people have gone from Cornwalls, Chorus lls, Fortes, KLF-30s and so on to RF-7s because they liked them better. Then there are the people that went from the RF-7s to the Heritage and liked them better as well. I myself want a pair of Jubilee's. By the end of the year maybe I'll be ready for a pair. I'm just glad Klipsch has so many different flavors to choose from! lol