Help me spend around $1,000.

amusingisthedawn

Here are my choices:

KLF 30's in light oak...good condition. (would give the opportunity to change my current 20's into center channels)

SVS Ultra w/Samson amp

2 channel amp

Multi channel amp (there is a parasound for sale right now I'm looking at)

Based on what I currently have...what would be your next upgrade?

I'd say the sub far above all your other options. $1000 is a bit steep for KLF-30s, even in good condition and I really don't think you'll see that big of a difference over your 20s.

If you've never experienced a capable sub like an SVS Ultra you're in for quite a treat.

External amp or sub would be my vote. Hard to choose without more personal experience with the setup. My opinion is HT mode is more lax in it's demand for quality amplification than 2 channel and a bada** sub is a requirement for HT.

I currently use a Denon AVR 4306 and an SVS PB12/+2 sub. The AVR is working just fine in HT mode but I the sub works wonders.

If me and I wanted to use the system more in two channel, I would go amp but I don't know how it marries with our brand of speeeekers!

the only thing in your set up that should be changed is the sub. you will get much more out of that SVS than your current one. you can also save some cash and get an Elemental Designs sub. A5-350 or A7S-450 or A3-300 or even A2-300. the last one is hard to beat when you factor price. i have it, works great. if you want a true opinion on which sub, ask Michael Hurd or The Ear.

The more I listen to music, the more I am contemplating getting the SVS sub. I think you are right that it will be the most noticeable upgrade.

However...those KLF-30's are in MINT condition since they are the original owners, and they don't even have much play time. 950 is FIRM though.

The only reason I'm even considering is becuase it would make the center channel conversion so much easier to just use one of the 20's I have now.

Alright, my budget has decreased due to some other house stuff that takes priority. [*-)]

I have decided what I am going to do next with my set-up though, and I think all klipsch lovers wouldn't object.

I have a good receiver, I have a good cdp, and a good bdp. My sub is "sub"-par...but it works and fills in the lows. Very next on my list will be an SVS ultra.

My main goal now, is to aquire 2 more pairs of light oak KLF-20's. I'm going big. 6 KLF-20s for a 6.1 set-up. I don't care if my room is only 15x15, i'm hanging those 20's on the walls and I'm gonna pump it up!