Anyone want my place in line for Emotiva UMC-1?

carbon summit

I was just thinking that when I got on the pre-order list I did it by email address and maybe forum user name. If this is true then it should be easy to turn it over to a friend, wouldn't you simply answer the 'it's ready to ship email' with the friend's name, shipping address and cc info. They could always go update their forum profile later with new email address.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The UMC is the best sounding prepro(avrs need not apply)that has ever been in my house.It trounces the $1-3k prepros I've owned that never really satisfied.After at least 10 years searching for a digital prepro that actually makes music like my old analog sets from the days of old,I found it.

Curse you Fish!!!

Your words haunt me. Maybe I should try it out and see what I'm missing. Problem is once it gets in the house it may never leave. I love new toys!

To each their own.......this unit is clearly not for everyone.The UMC is the best sounding prepro(avrs need not apply)that has ever been in my house.It trounces the $1-3k prepros I've owned that never really satisfied.After at least 10 years searching for a digital prepro that actually makes music like my old analog sets from the days of old,I found it.

What's heaven to some may not be right for others,we all have to find our own,good luck.

You're probably right that the UMC-1 is a great pre/pro and like I said before it will probably be better than what I've got now. I go back and forth about getting it and I know the answer in the end is to just get it and try it for myself and then decide if its worth it to me. Since Emo is going to raise the price I shouldn't lose money on the deal if I change my mind and sell it later which makes it even more tempting to try it. But at the moment ignorance is bliss and I'm pretty happy with what I've got.

You've got a good point,if you're happy with what you got you've got made.I have always been on a search for better as cash allows.I have been disappointed since the "digital revolution"in avr/prepros.I finally found a prepro that ends my search for smooth analog sound in the digital domain.In all things audio it's about what lets you enjoy the presentation,that's ll that matters.

As an extra bonus,my old 400 disc dvd player has a new life.With the 400 run into the UMC the video easily competes with the oppos video.

• Moderators

i can say this, this must be your one vice. when you registered i had almost a thousand posts before you had 1. now you have way more than me.....lol.

Busted and guilty as charged. I simply find more fulfillment and enjoyment hanging out in the forums and helping others than I do watching a TV show.

no! no! no!....you can't! no tackbackies! MOM! he's cheating! make him stop!

LMAO!

anyways i want it to be clear that i was trying to portray the "Donky" in Shreck in my eariler post. i hope that gives a great visual! lol

i have a living room and i am looking forward to the umc-1. i am also excited because Fish has my same set up and that i don't need an xpa-3. now i will say this, i am getting one because it will look better. yes, look better. as it stands i have a huge hole in my ET center it simply looks bad. here's the super duper swanky cool part, i actually told the wife the truth that i don't need it but i will look better and she is ok with it! man i scored an awesome wife!

You've got a good point,if you're happy with what you got you've got made.

As an extra bonus,my old 400 disc dvd player has a new life.With the 400 run into the UMC the video easily competes with the oppos video.

I'm not sure I'd be happy if I heard something much better, like I said before ignorance is bliss!

I am also curious to see the PQ from the UMC-1 as well.

Have you had problems with it when you switch between sources with different resolutions? I'd be going between a 1080p blu ray player and my 480i Dish Network receiver.

I'm not sure I'd be happy if I heard something much better, like I said before ignorance is bliss!

Have you had problems with it when you switch between sources with different resolutions? I'd be going between a 1080p blu ray player and my 480i Dish Network receiver.

No,I can switch between 400 disc regular dvd(component) and hdmi oppo or hdmi ps3 or cable box with optical and have no issues other than a few seconds(3) to change.The UMC puts everything out at 1080p to my lcd.

no! no! no!....you can't! no tackbackies! MOM! he's cheating! make him stop!

LMAO!

anyways i want it to be clear that i was trying to portray the "Donky" in Shreck in my eariler post. i hope that gives a great visual! lol

i have a living room and i am looking forward to the umc-1. i am also excited because Fish has my same set up and that i don't need an xpa-3. now i will say this, i am getting one because it will look better. yes, look better. as it stands i have a huge hole in my ET center it simply looks bad. here's the super duper swanky cool part, i actually told the wife the truth that i don't need it but i will look better and she is ok with it! man i scored an awesome wife!

Ha.....yeah I got the visual.The UMC is the best thing that's ever happened to my 7's.There are some people with quirks and the UMC has a few known issues yet to be resolved(not effecting me)but there is no way to deny it's audio quality.

So is the spot(s) all taken? :-) Sounded like some second thoughts and what not. Toss me onto the list of taking over a pre-oder'ies spot.

Unless I missed it, no one has specifically asked for mine.

i called emotiva today. there is no offical way of doing it. you'll have to buy it and then have them ship it to the other guy. then transfer warranties or something like that. what i was told was you would be deleted and the next guy would get it. don't get me wrong, if it's possible i'll do it. my ship date is mid april. then again i say, if you are not willing to wait, then you don't want it bad enough!

Fish, you have got me sooooo excited to hear this set up. must keep an open mind......must keep an open mind.........oooooooooommmmmmmmmm

i also can't wait to try out some of my new power and rca cords i made! i get to have fun all over again!

Who knows? maybe you'll get lucky and get the call sooner.It is a great idea to keep an open mind.Everyone I know that's heard the UMC has been very impressed but it's all about how it sounds in your room.We'll be looking forward to hearing your opinions.

Well I don't know if I should blame/thank Fish but I'm back on the fence.

With the news that the UMC-1 is going up at least $100 after the preorder lists are filled I figure I can try it and if I don't like it get my money back out of it.
I'd pay $100 less for a one used for a week or so, and I'm assuming others will too if I decide to sell it after I've tried it. I'm not looking to make anything on it, it would just saving me paying the shipping back to Emo if I don't keep it.

I've gone back and forth a few times today so who knows where I'll be tomorrow. I probably won't really know until Emo asks for my credit card info.

Well I don't know if I should blame/thank Fish but I'm back on the fence.

With the news that the UMC-1 is going up at least $100 after the preorder lists are filled I figure I can try it and if I don't like it get my money back out of it.

I'd pay $100 less for a one used for a week or so, and I'm assuming others will too if I decide to sell it after I've tried it. I'm not looking to make anything on it, it would just saving me paying the shipping back to Emo if I don't keep it.

I've gone back and forth a few times today so who knows where I'll be tomorrow. I probably won't really know until Emo asks for my credit card info.

If I was not room limited now I would still get the UMC and check it out. Few places you can check things out with your stuff and make a decision. I KNOW that my room sux and I have to wait until corporate relo is over before I get a decent room in 18 months. What is the return cost?

There are other things that led me to my decision not to buy. I am really trying hard not to let emotion override so this will be my last post on the UMC matter.

Go for it my friends, it sounds like a good deal.

Just so it's not lost in the discusson.After all the UMC has brought to my room,great audio and video,it cost $439(don't forget the 40% off next generation,time flies) delivered to me casa.I sold my perfect condition LMC for $270 cash,you do the math.Unheard of,yeah,I think so,almost unbelievable,but I'm a believer.

Just so it's not lost in the discusson.After all the UMC has brought to my room,great audio and video,it cost $439(don't forget the 40% off next generation,time flies) delivered to me casa.I sold my perfect condition LMC for $270 cash,you do the math.Unheard of,yeah,I think so,almost unbelievable,but I'm a believer.

Fish, it's been a little while, is that all the UMC-1 cost on the pre-order. $439!!! I had forgotten.

Fish, it's been a little while, is that all the UMC-1 cost on the pre-order. $439!!! I had forgotten.

The UMC was $699,minus 40% =$419 and $20 shipping.I could sell it for retail today and be up $100 on a two year deal.Before Emotiva I paid $1k for avrs,sell two years later for $400,lose $600 in two years,same with prepros.