BUDGET amplifier to make my KLF-30's come alive

superedge88

Where can I get information on the fan replacement?

From me[:P].

I got mine from Digi-Key. QSC uses a 24v 80 mm fan. The part # was P9739-ND. I don't recall where I got the info, possibly at the AVS forum or Cult of the Infinitely Baffled. I can dig up some links if I'm prodded. The more I think about it, I think there's a rep from QSC named John that posts at the AVS forum that I may have corresponded with. If the PLX's are the same as the PLX2's, it's an easy swap.

post-15193-13819554812898_thumb.jpg

post-15193-1381957013867_thumb.jpg

Many recommend Crown amps in the pro series as well. From what I've been told, they are a step above QSC amps.

Not really. The QSC's actually sound better, I've had them both. The reason you see so many of the Crowns is that the XTI's have electronic adjustable crossovers, which are desireable when you're running something like a Jubilee. If you don't need that feature, the QSC's are the way to go. Much smoother on the top end, especially at louder volumes.

• Moderators

Not really. The QSC's actually sound better, I've had them both.

I could be mistaken...but I thought someone suggested that Crown made better amps than QSC. I guess that is all subjective anyways. There are some that think Berhringer are junk and others that think they are great. To each his own I guess. I have both QSC and Crown amps in our youth room...they are hooked to different speakers so I couldn't tell you which sounds better.

where would you buy QSC amps, affordably? not many in the used markets. i stumpled upon a few QSC on my local CL, but they were already sold.

Just like anything used, you've got to check constantly and keep your eyes open. PLX's and PLX2's go FAST. If you buy new, wait for rebates and try to buy locally if you know any business owners.

To these. Same room, same equipment, same speakers. There's no comparison. I've heard the XTI's also. When I would listen to the Crowns at loud volumes, I would normally find myself turning the volume down. With the QSC's, I'd want to creep it up. They're much smoother on the top end. (for me).

post-15193-13819570222256_thumb.jpg

Thanks. I'd like to post some pics in the "Lets see your HT" thread, but I can't get a decent pic of all of it. My pics come out grainy or yellow. I'm sure it's the camera (it couldn't be me!!). Next time someone comes over with a decent camera I'll have them take some pics. I'm kinda proud of the sub I built but I don't have any decent pics of it either. Oh well, it sounds better than it looks anyway.