Trying to get deeper bass, add a 3rd sub?

CodeeCB

No, I use Painter Pro 11, on a 24" HP TouchSmart for that. You see how at the biginning of your last post you have the word "guess" in it! Your still not outta the box, your "following" instead of "leading". That's a bad habit to break. But I understand........... that does happen after years of just sitting and listening, instead of doing! Also, with just one HP notebook PC, and a Creative (Cambridge Soundworks), Newton 9.2 speaker system,( an added SVS PB13 Ultra) and a Logitech (Modwright) Transporter, hooked up to my Denon AVR4311CI, I can rival any sound system out there! With just a little education you can whittle that long list of archaic junk you wasted your money on and reduce your power consumption at the same time. Go green,and that would be your first step in a pro-active stance, rather than just a passive listener. Comon' take those first baby steps, you can do it,spit the pacifier out

In my next post I'll explain DJ equipment, and list a few peices of hardware, so you can take that giant second step in changing and modifying a sound source. In the mean time buy a pair of baby first walker trainer shoes, so I can get YOU up outta the crawling position and you can take those first baby steps towards walking, ( creating your own sounds by editing other works ).

The final steps will be becoming a musician, and creating your own music from it's conception to burning it to a CD or DVD.

No, I use Painter Pro 11, on a 24" HP TouchSmart for that. You see how at the biginning of your last post you have the word "guess" in it! Your still not outta the box, your "following" instead of "leading". That's a bad habit to break. But I understand........... that does happen after years of just sitting and listening, instead of doing! Also, with just one HP notebook PC, and a Creative (Cambridge Soundworks), Newton 9.2 speaker system,( an added SVS PB13 Ultra) and a Logitech (Modwright) Transporter, hooked up to my Denon AVR4311CI, I can rival any sound system out there! With just a little education you can whittle that long list of archaic junk you wasted your money on and reduce your power consumption at the same time. Go green,and that would be your first step in a pro-active stance, rather than just a passive listener. Comon' take those first baby steps, you can do it,spit the pacifier out

In my next post I'll explain DJ equipment, and list a few peices of hardware, so you can take that giant second step in changing and modifying a sound source. In the mean time buy a pair of baby first walker trainer shoes, so I can get YOU up outta the crawling position and you can take those first baby steps towards walking, ( creating your own sounds by editing other works ).

The final steps will be becoming a musician, and creating your own music from it's conception to burning it to a CD or DVD.

Uhmmm...... "That's a bad habit to break." .... No, a "bad" habit to break would mean that it is a "good" habit... A "hard" habit to break is what you are grasping at Einstein! [*-)]

Oh, I get it, your one of those people who takes a timeless classic, ads a little "whicky..whicky..whicky" and some Bass tracks to make it Fr-Fr-Fr-Fresh!!, and think you have tallent or have actually created something? [+o(] [|-)]

"(creating your own sounds by editing others works)" Do you mean like what you are doing to the English language here? [Y]

Roger

Also, with just one HP notebook PC, and a Creative (Cambridge Soundworks), Newton 9.2 speaker system,( an added SVS PB13 Ultra) and a Logitech (Modwright) Transporter, hooked up to my Denon AVR4311CI, I can rival any sound system out there! .

You don't get out much do you?

Also, with just one HP notebook PC, and a Creative (Cambridge Soundworks), Newton 9.2 speaker system,( an added SVS PB13 Ultra) and a Logitech (Modwright) Transporter, hooked up to my Denon AVR4311CI, I can rival any sound system out there! .

You don't get out much do you?

Warriors...Uhm...Errr........Limitless.......Come out and Play-ay.........Clang-g-g-g-g...Clang-g-g-g-g...clang-g-g-g-g...........

Limitless.......Come out and Play-ay

I'll take that challenge....Pack up your lunch box system and bring it over for submission [6]

Roger

Id either go with a SVS PB-13 Ultra or a Velodyne DD 18. Of course this all depends on your price range as well. Sub EQ's work wonders if your willing to pay for one. But low end bass is always tricky to get because of issues such as standing waves and room modes. Best of luck.

Loose / sell your other subs, find an older Sunfire Mk4 maybe on eBay, ($300) ... check the driver for motion and surround (resistance for around 4 ohms),.. get the power amp / board refurbed at ritas vintage audio in WA. ($250), and then remove all loose items in your listening area.

With a great BluRay source / disc and all quality HDMI you will be very entertained (quiver your liver).

Don't put the Sunfire in a corner unless you want to hurt yourself!

SP

I'm in a similar situation with cement walls and floors in a 16x24 basement. I have two RT12ds and even though I've complained about them in the past they fill this space easily with mucical deep bass. Just for grins I'm getting another one because the price is right. Believe me when I tell you those two RTs do the job. Nic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Also, with just one HP notebook PC, and a Creative (Cambridge Soundworks), Newton 9.2 speaker system,( an added SVS PB13 Ultra) and a Logitech (Modwright) Transporter, hooked up to my Denon AVR4311CI, I can rival any sound system out there!

OK, i cant hold it in anymore.

[bs], there it is.

you need a few of these....only 69 lbs each...they fit under your bed or behind your sofa...and can provide 109 db's from 25hz to 125hz....when 4th of jly rolls around you could always launch basket balls with it

post-22082-13819636226824_thumb.png