Grill cloth- sources needed

Gartenman,

Exactly! This is what I did with my Cornscalas:

I used 1/4" plywood cut to fit the set back in the speaker minus 1/2" for this fabric I wrapped around it. Cut the fabric 1-1/2" longer and wider than plywood and use a hot iron to wrap it around neatly and crisply. Then I used hot glue to secure it. I'm not at home or I'd send a picture.

PS I also cut the plywood for the speakers[:D]

Let me know if you need any more info.

I just re-skinned my modded LaScala's with theforums cane fabric from Wendell, got the 2 yd. min. I think the cane fabric cost me around $60 to get to my door. I made 1/4 baltic birch inserts for the bass bins and the top hat and use spray adhesive. If you want more info PM or email me.

I'd post a pic, but I can't figure out how to do it. Not very tech savvy.

Tom

post-23979-13819555121058_thumb.jpg

post-23979-13819570400568_thumb.jpg

Can someone help me post some pics of my caned LaScala's. I'm a bit thick when it comes to posting pics here.

Gman you're right about the synthetic in the Wendell cane fabric, it runs perpendicular to the cane, I think the fabric looks good.

Tom

Thanks, I'm happy with the way they turned out. I need to thank Jeff for steering me towards that thread on the placement of the bass bin bracing, it did tighten up the bass. I guess I should have dusted before I took the pic. Fell free to contact me if you have questions.

Tom

I just re-skinned my modded LaScala's with theforums cane fabric from Wendell, got the 2 yd. min. I think the cane fabric cost me around $60 to get to my door. I made 1/4 baltic birch inserts for the bass bins and the top hat and use spray adhesive. If you want more info PM or email me.

I'd post a pic, but I can't figure out how to do it. Not very tech savvy.

Tom

Those look sweet!!! Did your La Scalas come with grilles as my versions do not. If you modded yours to accept the clothe for the bass bins and grilles over the tweeter and mid I'd appreciate it. Thanks. 6922 is in the mail.

post-35949-13819555693226_thumb.jpg

post-35949-13819581888274_thumb.jpg

My LaScala's came with the top hat grill in black. I reinforced the bass bins with 3/4 baltic birch braces off-set. The bracing is 90 degrees to the roof of the dog house which puts it at 60 degrees to the sides of the bass bin. Used 3/4 by 3/4 cleats at the top and bottom. I have pattern for all parts. you will need to apply 1/2 in. quarter round to the perimeter of the top hat to house the top hat screen. Velcroed to hold in place.

Tom

post-23979-13819555736796_thumb.jpg

post-23979-13819581924826_thumb.jpg