Leaving for Germany/ System Pics

Deang

I'm leaving for Germany tomorrow afternoon because of the death of my Uncle on my Mother's side. I'll be gone until the 28th and will miss the Klipsch Forum/members. Y'all be good.

Since everyone was so gracious taking the time to teach me how to post pictures -- I thought I would attach some jpegs of my listening room & system.

Many thanks to Mobile and Mdeneen for all the great posts regarding tube amps.

------------------

dean

This message has been edited by deang on 03-20-2002 at 01:23 AM

Just decided to drop by and see what's up. Glad I did. Nice system, deang. Know youre excited getting all that new gear! The amp looks great.

Have you tried moving your speakers farther apart? If you bring them a bit farther out from the back wall and about 20 inches or so father apart (experiment), you might be very surprised at the increase in depth and width of your soundstage.

Nice looking stuff, though. Congratulations! Sorry about the family matters, however.

kh

So far just the stock Chinese KT-88's, Sovtek 6922's, and them other two - what the hell are they - can't remember - I'd have to go upstairs and look. Doesn't matter -- I'll be rolling the tubes next month. At any rate, sounds perty good.

Kelly -- My listening position is 11 feet from the front of the speakers. I have them 5 1/2 feet apart for that reason. Two feet from the back wall and two feet in from each side wall. Any closer and I could quit using headphones Smile.gif

Think I should still spread them out??

------------------

dean

This message has been edited by deang on 03-20-2002 at 01:28 AM

deang

Sorry to hear of your loss.

On the speaker front I would most defenitly try spreading them apart and then play with tow in slightly. I found that it really help the sound stage to get them apart at least 8' and 10' or more would probably be even better. But it looks like you room would need a jack hammer to go much more than 10' LOL.

Enjoy your trip

Craig

------------------

HH Scott Tube FM Tuner LT-110B

HH Scott Tube Amp 222C

HH Scott Turn Table P-87

Sony DE-975 AV Receiver

Sony NS-900P DVD

Sony CD 5 DISC C315

Syenrgy SF-2 mains

KSC-C1 Center Channel

KSW-15 Sub

SS-1 Surrounds

Promedia 5.1 for the PC

Yes, I would try to get them farther apart, definitely, especailly considering how far away you are from them. You could actually stand to have them about 3' out from the wall which will increase a sense of depth with the soundstage. Also, you dont want the distances the same from the rear wall as the side walls. You are actually too far back given your speakers distance apart. You are going to notice a HUGE difference moving them farther apart and out from the wall; I promise you this. Be precise with your measurements here. If the speakers were around 7.5 feet apart and three feet out, try moving your chair in to about 8 - 9 feet and see what you think. Horns do help with room reflections.

It is important to get the speakers an equal distance from your ears. Be exacting here.

Also, try to be more careful with your wiring. Sep all power cables from IC and speaker wire. Also, I would bring your speaker cables out and back in to the terminals, not letting them coil across each other. Personally, I left my speaker cables off the carpeting and have found this makes a subtle difference. Many in here, once again, will scratch their heads. Let them. Try it.

The change in speaker positioning will make DRAMATIC differences in the sound, although I find this more true with regular speakers. Still, you will be rewarded here.

kh

deang,

let me also add my condolences.

I don't know where you'll end up in Germany, but if the situation permits and you feel like experiencing Klipsch the German way, just drop me a line.

BTW: Forget about those garage sales and cheap Telefunken/Siemens etc - chances are that somebody elso was there before you Biggrin.gif

Have a safe journey.

Wolfram

Once you are in Germany you can also call me on 0201-281270

------------------

System:

1973 Khorns with ALK crossovers

REL Stadium II sub

Cayin 743 D integrated tube amp (utilizing 300B tubes)

McIntosh MR 77

McIntosh MCD 7007

Thorens 520S

SME 3012-R

Ortofon SPU Classic GM E

Cyrus aEQ 7 phono stage with PSX-R power supply

Alternative system:

Quad ESL 63 (for sale)

McIntosh MC 2105

McIntosh C29

This message has been edited by dubai2000 on 03-20-2002 at 04:23 PM

looks nice! Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Those are RF-X?

If I was driving down your street, and was looking at those attic windows, I would never expect to see a nice system in there, just old cloths and spiders.

Is the tube amp for Klipsch and the Bryston for the Sennhiser's!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!