Check out my new toy....Yeah Baby!

jorjen

Aint she a Beauty! A Grizzly G0690, 10", left tilt, 3HP/220v cabinet table saw with riving knife.

I thought it appropriate to post in this section because you know what it is goin' to get used for 90% of the time...[;)]

post-9114-13819555871606_thumb.jpg

post-9114-13819582027846_thumb.jpg

Jorjen, nice saw. I have heard alot of good things about the grizzly products.

I got into ww'ing a few years back and got a PM66. I wish it had a riving knife. I have been debating getting a SawStop due to the safety brake, but i always have something else to spend the money on. I have always used Forrest WW 2 blades and have been very happy. Last weekend i added an HTC outfeed roller table, which folds down for storage, so my better half doesn't have to "catch" for me . . . . something i sensed she never enjoyed - go figure.

Say "hi" to the family for me. Patrick

Looks very nice!!!

Is that a Freud blade? Come with it or did you have to buy it extra?

Keep track of your fingers!

Yes Coytee, it is a Freud 80T plywood/crosscut.

Easy for me to keep track of the fingers too since I only have six left. Can't afford to lose anymore, so I will be VERY careful. [;)]

Wow - I just bought a General contractor saw. I don't have the space or 220, but if I did? Do you have dust collection too?

General is nice stuff AJ, congrats and enjoy man. Yeah, space is limited for me too. Had to have the mobile base or could not have gotten the saw.

As far as 220 goes, I added the circuit myself, piece of cake. Fished the walls, added double pole 20 amp breaker to panel and outlet in garage and voila! 220 single phase is just 2 hot legs instead of one(110 each)and a ground.

Jorjen, nice saw. I have heard alot of good things about the grizzly products.

I got into ww'ing a few years back and got a PM66. I wish it had a riving knife. I have been debating getting a SawStop due to the safety brake, but i always have something else to spend the money on. I have always used Forrest WW 2 blades and have been very happy. Last weekend i added an HTC outfeed roller table, which folds down for storage, so my better half doesn't have to "catch" for me . . . . something i sensed she never enjoyed - go figure.

Say "hi" to the family for me. Patrick

Thanks Patrick. Here I am showing off my Grizzly and you are using a Powermatic, geez. [;)] John is using Saw Stop in school, I looked at those too, just to expensive. Almost bought the PM2000, but it was double the cost of the Grizzly. I just could not get myself to pull the trigger. Same with the Forrest, Freud will have to do for now. But man, the Powermatic is some absolutely beautiful stuff, is it not?

Glad to hear you took up the hobby, I know you have been enjoying it.

Already said Hi to Deb and John for you. Take care my friend and talk to you soon.

Jordan, my friend, I was not trying to "one up" you. Yours is a great saw; alot of the former members of the Knots ww'ing forum where I USED to hang out really love theirs. Being the proud benficiary of the fine craftsmanship you demostrated on my CW's, I have no doubt you could outperform me even if you were using a rusty handsaw.

My best regards, mi amigo, Patrick

Hey Patrick, did'nt take it that way at all man, hope you knew I was kidding.

I am still envious though as I really LOVE the Powermatic machines.

Speaking of the Cornwalls, how are they holding up?

Take care my friend.