So when the temperature rises...

wuzzzer

You know, I hate to be negative but my 1968 Corvette convertible had the top up most of the time since the sun and wind would bake my hair into a wire brush and a huge layer of dust would coat the entire inside of the car. You also could not hear the really cheap *** radio when driving with the top down. There also was a bit of particulate that hit the eyeballs. All in all a very un-pleasurable experience. And the L-88 (over the counter) gas fumes really gave me a headache after a while. At that time the power and the header noise was Nirvanna. I used to do a real good imitation of that baby going through the gears but my vocal cords can't handle it anymore.

JJK

Those are some of the reasons that I preferred the T-tops on my Corvette coupe. Not too breezy, but good open-air feeling. It was a 1971 model (I owned it 77-79) with the removeable rear window that you could take out at a stoplight and stow in its little tray behind the seats.

You could drive in the rain with the rear window removed without getting wet at all, since the roof had a bit of overhang over the vertical window opening.

The car was fun to drive, but it was a high-miler and I got tired of spending so much to keep it running. I understand Corvettes are built much better these days.

To the original poster: nice car, but where are the sunny-day top-down pictures?

That was a pic from when I first got the car and installed new wheels and suspension on it. No top-down pics yet but hopefully I'll get some this summer.

Yesterday it was 76 here and beat our old record high by 9 degrees! Unfortunately it looks like its only going to be in the upper 50s for a while now. Well, it was a fun couple days.

That was a pic from when I first got the car and installed new wheels and suspension on it. No top-down pics yet but hopefully I'll get some this summer.

Yesterday it was 76 here and beat our old record high by 9 degrees! Unfortunately it looks like its only going to be in the upper 50s for a while now. Well, it was a fun couple days.

well, there's always next summer! [:D]

You know, I hate to be negative but my 1968 Corvette convertible had the top up most of the time since the sun and wind would bake my hair into a wire brush and a huge layer of dust would coat the entire inside of the car. You also could not hear the really cheap *** radio when driving with the top down. There also was a bit of particulate that hit the eyeballs. All in all a very un-pleasurable experience. And the L-88 (over the counter) gas fumes really gave me a headache after a while. At that time the power and the header noise was Nirvanna. I used to do a real good imitation of that baby going through the gears but my vocal cords can't handle it anymore.

JJK

I'm going to have to agree with you JJK. I drove a convertible one summer and it was the Hottest darn summer I'd ever experienced! Red Lights were the worst, as I just baked, even with the AC blowing full blast. And Dust? OMG the inside of the car was dirtier than the out side. My friend left for the summer and asked me to take care of his car, I was happy to oblige.

Now, don't get me wrong. It was a very cool car and had something like a 455ci Interceptor engine, headers, cam, the works in it and was very fast.

conv.jpg

But Man, was it HOT to drive, but very cool to look at!!! [Y]

Nice 'Stang Wuzzer! I think you'll do better up north, with your 3 1/2 weeks of summer. [;)]

Dennie