Sound Panels

jon k

jon,

I can't actually help with your question but I did want to comment on you avatar... It makes me laugh everytime I see it! It's like your dog is saying "Do NOT be fooled by this fluffy exterior... You DO NOT want to piss me off!!"

Classic. I don't know if you were intending it to be funny, but it is.

GL with your ?

yah thats sam, he is a 14 lbs bichon frise that is cute and fluffy but he is a biter, that picture is an accurate representation of his personality, and i never looked at it that way until you mentioned it, my brother took the picture, the gun is a 30 30 and i just had it lying around on my computer so i put it up there.

if i'm not mistaken, there more for deadening the room a bit and absorbing unwanted sound reflections. as for placement, i'v see it used on walls and ceilings, for my use i was just going to do was cover them with acoustic suede and attach them to the walls, after all it is going to be in our living room so i want it to look nice.

jon-

• Moderators

if i'm not mistaken, there more for deadening the room a bit and absorbing unwanted sound reflections. as for placement, i'v see it used on walls and ceilings, for my use i was just going to do was cover them with acoustic suede and attach them to the walls, after all it is going to be in our living room so i want it to look nice.

jon-

John is right on track. I'm new to acoustic panels as well but depending on the panels, some absorb high frequencies, some absorb bass (aka bass traps) and some reflect or disperse sound. I plan on probably just adding a few high frequency panels to my room to help tame the slap echo in my room due to much of it being hard surface material.

I made my sound panels with regular fiberglass from lowes, I made a 2" frame backed it with peg board, covered the fiberglass with dachron (or however you spell it) then covered the whole thing in fabric. Turned out pretty decent and seem to work well. If I could figure out how to post pictures I would post my work in progress..[:D]

~ross

• Moderators

If I could figure out how to post pictures I would post my work in progress..

Hit reply, click the Options Tab and attach the image to your post. Limited to one image per post. If you want to post multiple images, upload them to www.photobucket.com, copy the URL to the image, and in the forum hit reply, click now Insert/Edit (green tree icon) and paste the URL to your image.

Hit reply, click the Options Tab and attach the image to your post. Limited to one image per post. If you want to post multiple images, upload them to www.photobucket.com, copy the URL to the image, and in the forum hit reply, click now Insert/Edit (green tree icon) and paste the URL to your image.

ok let's see if it worked

post-33870-13819583260274_thumb.jpg

very nice, are those 2 inch or 4 inch panels?

ok, sorry about the quality it was taken from my phone, will be happy to my camera back from repair.

Basically they are 2.5" panels, they are made with four inch fiberglass insulation, 2" trim boards, 1/4" peg board backing, and fabric of choice I made all three of them for about $20.00 in about an hour, and instead of mounting to the wall they are suspended from the ceiling.

~ross