Help deliver from Ocala FL to Knoxville TN??

Coytee

Seems I just bought a pair of MWM single bass cabinets, located in Ocala, FL. Guy wants them gone "within 5 days" however, said he'd be fine holding onto them until May 29/30 when I might be able to drive down there.

Sure would be a stroke of luck if someone was happening to drive through Ocala with an empty truckbed behind them heading north on I-75... wouldn't it?

Just throwing this out there in case there is any such fortune... even if your destination isn't Knoxville... but Macon or Atlanta or Chattanooga....something like that... Nashville? Detroit?

I don't really want to drive 20 hours round trip to pick these up but I will [Y]

I'm open to any discussions

post-15072-1381958402321_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

I knew it was just a matter of time before you got some, now to get them home and get 2 more.

Your going to be in trouble with the boss, if she thought the jubs were big and ugly. [:#]

Yes, indeed I am toast.

However, for $199 total for the both of them, might be worth taking some heat.

I do expect them to need some more put into them cash wise, but we'll see. Hard to go wrong at that price.

I thought maybe I can help if we are able to visit my father in law this summer though we've not really made any plans yet but didn't make our usual spring break visit.... but then I saw MWM. The Grand Caravan family truckster will hold quite a bit but I passed on a pair of Chorus II and "settled" for a set of Heresy 1 Extremes (Groomlakeareay51's name for fully restored/resurrected/pimped out Heresy 1's) so maybe that's cooler anyway... but passed on the Chorus II as 1100 mile return trip home with a pair of Chorus II might not have included me. The Heresies on the other hand fit quite nicely behind the back seats.

No trailer. Good luck Richard. Maybe someone with some dumb luck may be travelling through the area or know someone who is.

So just where are you going to hide a pair of MWM bins? Can't carry 'em aound in the back seat of your care like that K2. (hee hee)

But then again, your better half did buy a semi trailer. MWM bins are reallly quite small by comparison. No?

So just where are you going to hide a pair of MWM bins?

But then again, your better half did buy a semi trailer

Bingo!

Actually, I'm conniving with my brother in law (her brother). I asked him if he'd mind keeping them at his place for a little while. He seems VERY eager to hold them. In fact, he was also sort of egging me on to buy them. Hmmm..... I wonder if brothers/Brother in laws hold any senority when it comes to splitting up assets between spouses?

Something to ponder!

Actually, he's got some outdoor self powered EV speakers. We've had a couple outdoor movies with an inflatable screen. That is one of the reasons I'm looking at these. I'll leave them at his place for while, then bring them home & put inside that trailer.

Once I get them home, I think I can handle them just fine. I can dump one at a time in my front end loader (8 feet wide) and raise it to the trailer & slide in or out. Repeat with second one.

Given their price and their outdoor use, I'm not terribly concerned about scratching them up. Looks like they have already been broken in.

This will be fun though. Looking forward to getting them and getting through the storm intact. (as he goes off to hide all the Ginsu knives she has in the house)

[:o]

• Moderators

A single bin and the top of a split LaScala sounds really good outside, or inside.

I put a K400 and a Bob Crites tweeter in a box shaped like a split laScala top, with an AA crossover with the bass wire going to a single MWM bottom.

They can easily fill a pretty large area ( a Field ) with a few watts and sound good. I am eventually going to build two more singles and get a different crossover, to have two singles on each side.

They even sound big outside. [Y]

(as he goes off to hide all the Ginsu knives she has in the house)

And don't forget to um, temprorarily relocate the cast iron skillets for a while.

I'd also recommend hiding, uh reloacting, the heavy skillets and cookware of any kind. But especially the cast iron.

The aluminum stuff packs quite a wallop but not so bad compared to the cast iron. Stoneware and crocks aren't so bad either as they usually crack... [:o] but YMMV as I have at times been called thick headed. And for some reason it didn't sound like a compliment? [:^)]

8 more and a very large room to make 5.0 and a huge sub for the .1

He is toast anyway.

Well, when one MWM bin comes up missing .... and there's a freshly filled in hole we'll know where she buried the body and in what... but she did bua a semi trailer. Not a cute little storage shed, but a semi trailer.

So how many to stack floor to ceiling, say standard 8'?

He is toast anyway

You are killing me.....

You are CORRECT none the less, but you are still killing me.

[:P]

Wife still doesn't know about them. I'm going to have to mention it.... I can't simply "disappear" as I drive overnight to Florida & back without her wondering..."gee....where is my husband for the last 20 hours when he should otherwise be at home"

Maybe I can convice her that I'm over at that cute brunettes house?

Anyone want to start a cover story for me....blonde....brunette.... redhead.... (maybe not the redhead)....

I'm game. It's called the game of distractioni. She thinks I'm over there when in fact, I'm deftly driving my butt to Ocala Florida to surripiticiously bring a pair of MWM cabinets home.

The real question is.... would she be more upset if she caught me at the blondes house.....or if she caught me with the MWM's?

[:^)]

Yea, deception never really works.

Uh, maybe take the Missus with you, stay at a nice hotel, champayne breakfast, stroll on the beach, etc. Might make it a little easier. Maybe not.

Have a safe trip. I used to live close to there.

Looking down from an airplane makes you think you are looking into a bowl of cheerios with all the horse tracks.

Wrinkles

• Moderators

The real question is.... would she be more upset if she caught me at the blondes house.....or if she caught me with the MWM's?

She would be upset at both, but one wil get you killed. [:S]

She will get over it,.......I am talking about the MWM's. What about brigining some paint and paint flowers all over them before you bring them home ?