I Love My Tubes....and I'm Ripped

SWL

There's no turning back now. Tubes just float my boat. The delicate, realistic sound of the glass is where it;s at for me. I've been tube rollng my b**** off the last few momths and it s so cool. Subtle differences but very interesting to my deaf ears.

Threee way speakers and tubes have changed my listening experience. Dig it....[Y]

Uh-huh[:)] Once I started playing around with tube gear, and hearing some very good systems, it wasn't long before it became pretty much "all tube on Heritage all the time". Except in extreme summer heat tubes are on here five days a week, and I must say that I never knew just how good my Klipsch could be until I switched over to tube gear. Tubes make my Klipsch a much more valued item than what I paid for them.....buy better gear, get better speakers free.

I always had a love for the Big Heritage, but on tube gear....especially GOOD tube gear?? PUHLEEEEEEEEZE[8-|]

The tubes have the nice, even order harmonics , air and a touch of warmth that few ss designs deliver. There is a layering effect that tubes have and a dynamic contrast that some ss designs fail.

I mean that in terms of articulation. There is more of a contrast and separation between notes and voices. It's hard not to bask in the glow of tubes and enjoy the musicality.

Are tubes green? I would have to update my electrical service from 200 amp to 400 amp to accommodate them in my system.

JJK

Nikola Tesla made a green amp in the 19th century. The problem was, the hand crank was noisy.

Posted Image

Are tubes green? I would have to update my electrical service from 200 amp to 400 amp to accommodate them in my system.

JJK

I need to put an amp meter on my Moondogs to see how much they pull. With only 3.5 watts per channel, I'm thinking not much.