The 2010 Picky Report

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious, why was the tent so far from the stage?

fini: That's a great question, sir. It's because up to 5,000 people were expected and we wouldn't the tent to block anyone's view of the stage. The sun sets on the far side of the tent to the west. After the heat of the day, everyone moved out from under the tent and began filling the area in front of the tent up to the stage. It worked out fine. -Glenn

Thanks Glenn! That shot of raising the pole, where Trey is on the "high" end, is priceless! I watched a bit of the stage set-up yesterday, and saw Trey running around, shimmying up posts and hopping effortlessly upon 7-8' stacks of speakers. Man, he looked like a monkey! Handsome monkey, of course.[;)]

SOUND GEAR SETUP AT FAIR PARK:

Okay, enough about circus tents, peanuts and elephants....who's ready to see some sound gear?....

We took a very quick break in the nearby Boyscout Building. It's airconditioned and it allowed everyone recover a bit from the heat and humidity while Trey (you can't see him because he's seated behind Jay) explained the setup strategy for the stage PA system...

post-10177-13819598171962_thumb.jpg

post-10177-13819616295852_thumb.jpg

fyrpwr (center) warns Jay (left), Customsteve01 (obstructed from view) and Michael Hurd to get a good grip because this is one of the heaviest pieces; the Klipsch KP-680-SW subwoofers with two 18" drivers....

Correction: I had it wrong guys: It is actually the KP-650-LF cabinets that are the heaviest of this bunch. (Thanks for your expertice, Colter).

post-10177-13819598174882_thumb.jpg

post-10177-13819616299336_thumb.jpg

As I understand it, when fyrpwr bought these pieces, they were in fairly rough shape and he took his time and restored them. I can tell you that he did an outstanding job as every unit almost looked brand new. Great job, fyrpwr!...

post-10177-13819598176302_thumb.jpg

post-10177-13819616301256_thumb.jpg

With that tiny trailer and seeing what came out of it, it almost looks like the proverbial: "Ten pounds of poo in a five pound bag!" LOL.... The Klipsch KP-650-LF mid-bass unit with two 15" drivers in a folder horn enclosure emerges...

post-10177-13819598177962_thumb.jpg

post-10177-13819616302566_thumb.jpg