Pilgrim's Impressions

Great gathering! Trey outdid himself with the live music. The sound system Rocked. Some of us are taking home auction items from the factory, & I scored a pr. of WF-34s at the concert auction. Listening to gear with a room full of Klipsheads was another highlight, as was another tour of the factory while employees put together happiness for folks all over the world. Thanks, Trey. Thanks, Klipsch. And, thanks to all the Forum members who attended.

SSH

Did they show any New upcoming model products? (that you can talk about?)

He can't talk about it Bill (SSH) LOL, how are things in Florida? I keep seeing the reports of oil moving in and it's making me sick for everyone in the gulf region.

This was my first and what a great experience. Meeting the guys behind the posts was a real treat. Great bunch of folks from all walks of life with one great thing in common. The Klipsch employees are a great bunch who took great care of us and made us feel right at home. A huge Thank You to Trey and the folks at Klipsch for hosting the event and making us feel like we were 'home'.

One of my favorites was to get to listen to the Klipsch setup Khorn and Palladium as well as Roy's Jubilees.

I look forward to the next gathering. It was a real pleasure to meet the people behind the keyboards.

I've been to several pilgrimages in the past and always had a great time. As people probably know by now, I was supposed have been at this one as well, but due to Delta cancelling my Little Rock flight, I was unable to get there, thus ended up going back to D.C.

Did watch the concert via the internet streaming thing and that was pretty cool - but just not the same as actually being there.

Glad to hear this turned out to be an awesome time for those that did manage to get there. Sorry I missed all of you and really wish I could've been there as well. The Klipsch folks really are top-notch and all the more reason why I really enjoy thier products.

Hopefully, we'll be able to have another one next year and if so, I do plan on going.

Well, it was my first and I had a great time! It was good putting names and faces together... I didn't make it to the outdoor shindig- my bronchitus has been killing me and I didn't think I could make it thru the heat. I tried to help Jim Hunter move my auction purchases to his old office, and I was out of breath after the first trip. BTW, if someone has Jims email address I need it. I can't find his card. I am supposed to remind him to look up the drivers and crossover for my '57 Shorthorn I bought. # 10 out of 48 produced!

I owed a few people a ride in the vette- next trip...

Kevin

Not reading much about the crowd, the concert, how the KP600's sounded etc.. any AUDIO impressions out there? how about the listening evaluations? What were the programs like? What did you compare, what did you like best and why?

Thanks!

M

Not reading much about the crowd, the concert, how the KP600's sounded etc.. any AUDIO impressions out there? how about the listening evaluations? What were the programs like? What did you compare, what did you like best and why?

Thanks!

Ok, I'll chime in. I was at the concert until just after 7 p.m. and then started my drive back to DFW. The crowd easily fit under the big tent, and thank God Trey put that tent up, it was hot and humid. The KP600's sounded FANTASTIC. I was very impressed with the sound quality put out by that system. I have been to my share of concerts, but that is about as good as I have heard.....particularly for a system in a relatively small set of cabinets.

I spent most of my time in Roy's Jubilee room, enjoying the setup. The Jubilees, properly set up are really nice. The Jub bass bins are superb. I still have mixed feelings about the K-402. For some reason I have difficulty getting a good image from those horns and am not sure that is my cup of tea. I wish they would spend a little time putting up some room treatments in there, not much in that area. I will try to attach a picture. I hope Roy won't mind.

The 60th Anniversary Khorn vs. the Palladium was no contest IMHO. The Khorns blew the Palladium away. I had auditioned the Palladium when it was first released and my impression has not changed. The one big note I took from the Khorns, was that if I were keeping my khorns I would immediately enclose the backs like the 60th. Anniversary model. I have never heard bass like that from my Khorns regardless of how hard I tried to seal the backs. There is no doubt in my mind that is the way to go.

Otherwise, for me the highlight was meeting the forum members and Klipsch employees. Great bunch of folks, and I'm privileged to be associated with them.

post-10337-13819598313942_thumb.jpg

post-10337-13819616459014_thumb.jpg

Thanks Rudy, that's just what I was after.

I know they weren't in the same room, but could you venture a guess as to Jubilee v Anni-K?

Well, for my taste, the Jubilee had a more 'direct', more chest pounding bass. The Khorn, well, it had that Khorn "bass everywhere" sound vs. the bass coming at you sound.

As you probably know, the Khorn bass envelops the room, rather than comes at you from the speaker.

If I was forced to choose, I would choose the Jubilee bass bin. I prefer the bass coming at me, that chest pounding stuff.....as evidenced by my build of the DBB to replace my Khorns.

For what it's worth Rudy, the Palladiums and Khorns don't image well in that room either....I think it would have been fun to drag the Jubs down to the room we heard the other speakers in.

But ya, it's always fun putting faces behind the names on the forum....usually most guys turn out to be more normal than expected [;)]

For what it's worth Rudy, the Palladiums and Khorns don't image well in that room either....I think it would have been fun to drag the Jubs down to the room we heard the other speakers in.

But ya, it's always fun putting faces behind the names on the forum....usually most guys turn out to be more normal than expected Wink

Dr. Who, you are absolutely correct. The setup in that Palladium, Khorn room was not precise enough to provide good imaging. But, I was not looking for that since I have auditioned or owned those before and know how they sound when set up correctly. I was particularly interested in the 402 imaging since I have heard at least one other Jubilee and had difficulty finding a good image.

From my reading on the forum, many say the 402 has a different characteristic than that normally associated with pin point imaging. I don't know, I just wanted to listen to the 'reference' Jubilee system.

Just to clarify since I think it wasn't clear....I was saying that the Palladiums and Khorns don't image well in the room where we heard the Jubilee speakers.

And just to tag onto that...I think the room where we heard the Pals and Khorns is much much better sounding, but there's only just the one sweet spot in the center of the second row. We did RF-83 vs Khorns in there a while back and there were similar impressions as those between the Palladium and Khorn. I haven't had the chance to hear Jubilees in that room, but my guess is that they would image very well in there.

The problem with flat polars and flat power is that it requires a "flat room" too....which most rooms aren't.

Doc: I agree with you on the room differences.:I too noticed that the imaging in the K-Horn / Palladium room was much better than in Roy's Jube room.

ssh: Congratulations on winning the ICON auction and thanks so much for your generosity, sir. -Glenn

Lots of folks pitched-in to make it work, Picky, and I got the benefit of even more Klipschsmiles:)

We're all anxious to see the video!

SSH

Yeah, I'd like to view the video, too. I hope it's good. I know that the live concert certainly was! -Glenn

• 6 months later...