What's more fun than a Velodyne DD-18?

laager

The system has changed DRASTICALLY today, back sub wall added...two more PL380 and four iTech 8000 in place... Contour S5.4 in place of S3.4...Bryston amps replacing the ATI and Parasound.

LOL

Sick sick sick. I impressed ...myself ! Now this is a first. Massive bass with no limits.

Ok yes...group ...Infected Mushroom album...Converting Vegeterians. Infected Mushroom is THE reference for electronic music IMO. They have released many albums and they are all great. Sound quality is very good and bass lines sometimes...outstanding!

And no my old Quintets, are stashed with many other Klipsch speakers I own...in a closet...where I cannot say for sure. [:D]

Ok yes...group ...Infected Mushroom album...Converting Vegeterians. Infected Mushroom is THE reference for electronic music IMO. They have released many albums and they are all great. Sound quality is very good and bass lines sometimes...outstanding!

I bought that album based on this thread. The song you played "Avratz" is addicting. Anyone with quality subs will really appreciate this album. Sound quality is very good. Thanks for turning me on to this group. [Y]

Another group.....if you're into this kind of music.....Ozric Tentacles, the song "Slinky" is pretty cool, too. "Bassheads" rejoice!!! [:D]

Plenty more fun than a DD-18. That sub is way overpriced for what you get. TOO EXPENSIVE! And 2 of them sounds like a HUGE waste of money. I would personally say SVS is way better and less expensive. Sorry bro but I'd rather have the SVS PB13 ULTRA any day over that thing. And with the SVS being better in sound and playing lower it even looks waaaaay nicer. I was quiet for awhile but just can't take it anymore. Really sick of hearing about this overpriced sub that the SVS flagship blows outta the water!!! I'm sure plenty of forum members that know good high end subs including forum SVS owners are in the same boat with me. We've all had enough of the DD-18! NEWS FLASH!!! IT'S NOT THAT GOOD AND SCORES PRETTY LOW ON THE LIST OF TOP 20 SUBS.

"TOO EXPENSIVE! "

Yet, you are trying to sell your "refinished" velo sub for $400 that you paid $799; err.... $450 for in the garage sale forum.....

Seriously...... Can you please stop CONTRADICTING yourself already?

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/137082.aspx?PageIndex=1

YMA8888,

Sells a "REFINISHED" errr read "PATCHED UP" sub! GREAT I may jump on the deal and get myself a sub that is NOT THAT GOOD,wait the DD18 was not that good! So what does this make of the "REFINISHED" and "PATCHED UP" low end Velo?

[:o]

LOL you guys got some serious time on your hands. Iron boy was all about buying the velo but decided to go with somethin new not because of anything negative. And I didn't contradict myself. I stated in my post the sub was $799 new and said nothin about me buying it for that price. And now you're comparing a decent middle of the road cht-15 to a 3 thousand dollar dd-18. The dd-18 is better than my cht obviously and that wasn't the debate. The comment was about the dd-18 being too expensive. Not a good enough sub for 3 grand.

LOL you guys got some serious time on your hands. Iron boy was all about buying the velo but decided to go with somethin new not because of anything negative. And I didn't contradict myself. I stated in my post the sub was $799 new and said nothin about me buying it for that price. And now you're comparing a decent middle of the road cht-15 to a 3 thousand dollar dd-18. The dd-18 is better than my cht obviously and that wasn't the debate. The comment was about the dd-18 being too expensive. Not a good enough sub for 3 grand.

"Iron Boy" inquired about the sub, and was considering going to Wisconsin to see it. A potential price was agreed upon assuming all worked; but by no means was any deal final. Then "Iron Boy" did some research........

(Do I get extra points for referring to myself in the 3rd person?). [H]

"Iron Boy" did buy a new sub, but had these concerns about yours:

A. Buying a used sub with no warranty.

B. Why the sub was refinished "to match" and now up for sale.... Almost like the "Original Contradiction"......

C. "Iron Boy" found out the real "sale price" was ~$400; not $799.... (found this out WAY BEFORE it was brought up)..... This is the second contradiction that occurred in "Iron Boy's" mind.....

D. The sub was too big for "Iron Boy's" HT.

E. After now reading how this thread has progressed and the further contradictions; "Iron Boy" is ECSTATIC that he did not buy your sub.

F. "Iron Boy's" Spidy-Sense was tingling and it was proven to be correct.

The "comment" was also about the Velo sub being being so overrated and how you could not take it anymore...... Yadda yadda..... Boo Hoo..... Yet you have another sub of the same brand; refinished to "match your system" for sale....... That appears hypocritical........

I am still waiting to get ripped on for hurting your sale like you have already done once to another member.......

Go back and reread your posts on this thread and the other and realize just how bad this really appears to the members of this forum.

Iron boy talks alot of weak smack. Starting to think he's a computer geek. And there was no sale price on my velo for $400. Also when that member made his comment about finding it online in 2005 you had already bought your new sub. SO how could his comment of whatever sale price he saw effect your decision when you had already bought your new sub. Your makin stuff up just to talk smack. But I guess you do need the practice. Would love to meet Iron boy in person but probably best off if he stayed behind his computer. Takin a break from Iron childs soap opera for now. Although it is funny I gotta get to sleep and wake up early for work. Unlike Iron Feeb who plays on his computer all day in his moms basement.

Iron boy talks alot of weak smack. Starting to think he's a computer geek. And there was no sale price on my velo for $400. Also when that member made his comment about finding it online in 2005 you had already bought your new sub. SO how could his comment of whatever sale price he saw effect your decision when you had already bought your new sub. Your makin stuff up just to talk smack. But I guess you do need the practice. Would love to meet Iron boy in person but probably best off if he stayed behind his computer. Takin a break from Iron childs soap opera for now. Although it is funny I gotta get to sleep and wake up early for work. Unlike Iron Feeb who plays on his computer all day in his moms basement.

Once again.... your true colors show..... Insincere apologies have little value; especially when you follow up with more insults and worthless drivel......

"And there was no sale price on my velo for $400."

We had agreed to much less than $400.... but it was not even worth that to me after research; and my gut instinct......

Here is YMAs response to my offer of $250 (contingent upon the sub actually working etc).....

"Not insulted at all. It is flawless though without a single scratch. Very well cared for. I would be willing to work with ya a bit. $300 cash and it's yours. Lemme know. I'll be around all weekend if you'd like to come get it. Thanks, Joe"

Once again..... LIAR ......

"SO how could his comment of whatever sale price he saw effect your decision when you had already bought your new sub. Your makin stuff up just to talk smack."

My post said that I also found this out BEFORE the other member posted it and sent you in a hissy fit with your undies in a bunch.... I just did not announce it. The internet is a big place with lots of resources..... DOH!

I would love to meet you in person as well.... To tell you what I really think of you as a person while looking you eye to eye.

"Unlike Iron Feeb who plays on his computer all day in his moms basement."

Ahhm.... I have a career,and children.... My oldest is over 18. I am able to access the forum from work and at home...... It is a free country and I can go on this or any forum/ website at whatever hour I choose.....

What have you ever done here besides try and sell your "refinished specially for your system" sub?

Please do take a break.... [Y]

I was starting to think you might be a dick, but thanks to this post, I don't have to wonder any more.

• 2 weeks later...