Scared Fish

oldmako

Stuck a pair of KSB-1.1s on the T-top of my boat today. They are on either side and pointing straight down. This was the most bestest way to hang them due to the design of the speakers mount and the T-Top. I have a flaccid car stereo (Sanyo CD/Tuner/AUX iPod input feeding a 25W amp) and yet they sound great! They are replacing a pair of JBLoutside speaks.

They sound pretty darn sweeeet! If possible, I'd like "The Twins" (With Thebes blessing of course) to come down and give them a listen. It goes without saying that bikinis (or less) and alcohol are a requirement prior to the audition. I figure a mile or two off shore would be a suitable location.

Sounds like great speaks Monsor Mako. However, any Twins appearance outside of non-officially Klipsch sanctioned functions must be approved by their agent, Ratso Rizzo.

Sorry Dude, it's out of my hands.

post-14801-13819599539146_thumb.jpg

post-14801-1381961789705_thumb.jpg

Ratso Rizzo:
Here I am, goin' to Florida, my leg hurts, my butt hurts, my chest
hurts, my face hurts, and like that ain't enough, I gotta pee all over
myself.
[Joe Buck laughs]
Ratso Rizzo: That's
funny? I'm fallin' apart here!
Joe Buck: It's just
- Know what happened? You just took a little rest stop that wasn't on
the schedule!

I picked these up off CL. I got 4 of them for 80 bucks not knowing what the heck I'd ever do with them. It just seemed too good to pass up. So, given that they have plastic cabs and metal mesh grills (which will eventually rust I'm afraid) I figured that they'd survive a season or three on the Cheeze Whiz. They live under a waterproof hard top, and they should stay fairly dry. They kick the tar out of the JBLs they replaced that's for sure. One of the JBLs broke which necessitated the change. I'm glad that it did!

WRT The Twins, should Mr. Enrico Salvatore Rizzo decide that he could use a day aboard my yot in the sun, he will be welcome just as long as the limber and eager dynamic duo accompany him! Last time I saw him though, he looked a little, cool and pasty!

Ratso Rizzo:
I'm walking here! I'm walking here!

• Moderators

They live under a waterproof hard top, and they should stay fairly dry.

They might last a while like that, bet that sounds good out on the water. [Y]

What about a coat of water seal on everything, might help with the salt and moisture, and maby even help with UV light ? Can't hurt at that price.

UV isn't an issue as they are mounted facing down under a fixed overhead T-Top. The only water they'll see is splashing from the gals dancing (both in and out of their skimpies), and the occasional slosh of beer. It's too bad that I can't come up with some type of tupperwear lid to fit them perfectly. That way I could leave them covered up when not in use and when underway. The boat is loud and its difficult to really hear them (well) when running. Perhaps I can find some tupperwear bottoms which would fit over them? All I need is one inch or so. Hmmm.

Its the salt in the air that will get them eventually. My JBLs were white and by the end of the first year the metal grills looked like shinola. So I merely pried them off and tossed them out. The cones themselves still worked fine. The speakers are out of the way and don't really require the physical protection. And since the cabinets are tough plastic, I don't see the need to coat them with anything.

They are at their best when at anchor or tied up someplace out in the middle of no where. Because sound travels so readily over water I try to keep the volume down when there are others about.

OldMako, I would pick up some junior diapers(the overnighters) and zipties - that'll hold them on tight.

If you are really in a partying mood when the party twins are dancing out of their skimpies, you can let out a bellow, throw a diaper on your head, and dance like King Julian. It kills all the girls!

Old Mako said " I figure a mile or two off shore would be a suitable location."

Like when Sen. Kennedy got caught canoodling with a chippie on his boat, a fellow Senator said on the floor of congress, "I'm glad to see that Senator Kennedy has changed his position on offshore drilling." [:D]