Preparing for outdoor movie

Coytee

I can't believe I didn't take a picture after it was up. I've got it anchored to the two trees.

Stack of MWM/402 sounds OUTSTANDING outside. Makes me want to have that weekend of horns even more.... LaScala, Jubilee, JubeScala and MWM all competing outdoors.... would be fun.

This is all I have. There is another twist up my sleeve but....until it's ready, I can't take a picture of it.

More later

post-15072-13819600005034_thumb.jpg

post-15072-1381961843985_thumb.jpg

There is another twist up my sleeve but....until it's ready, I can't take a picture of it.

My brother in law brought some theater seats out.....real ones. Even bolted them down to the trailer for us. He also brought his little concession stand although it didn't have any concessions in it. It was for the dramatic effect. Everyone about dropped their drawers when the seats arrived!

[Y]

post-15072-13819600015688_thumb.jpg

post-15072-13819618452324_thumb.jpg

I put the goods on a square card table.... wobbled like no tomorrow. Didn't like that AT ALL so brought out my smallest banquet table at 6'. I have two more that are VERY heavy at 8' long but they weigh a ton so I left them in. I moved everything over after this was taken.

post-15072-13819600016628_thumb.jpg

post-15072-13819618453434_thumb.jpg

A little tie-down action to keep the screen from catching a bad wind. Couldn't find my string/twine so I stripped down a 12/2 wire and used the strands. One around each side. Worked like a charm (had little wind which helped)

post-15072-13819600017748_thumb.jpg

post-15072-13819618454664_thumb.jpg

Although the image could have been larger on the screen, it would have dictated the screen be pulled away from the trees. The width of the trees dictated the width of the image passing through them.

We sat about 50' away. could have sat closer but was fine where it was.

The sound was absolutely fantastic. During dinner (as I was setting this up) I put on Roger Waters In the Flesh. Seems no one has heard that as several people were asking me who this was.

The movie of the night was Avatar which I had never seen.

All in all, this was a total success. The movie was good, the visuals were good. This was a rear projection screen so I was able to have all the electronics on the side house, out of the field and not making a clutter. It also allowed me to use my 100' extension cord (12/2) for everything instead of needing a longer extension.

The sound was superb. I had never heard MWM's opened up. There is a short take on the Waters disk where a semi, tractor trailer starts up. I yanked the volume UP during that and some of the gals in the field listening said it FELT like there was a truck next to them.

I'd like to try the same thing again but this time, with the MWM bins in stereo, single height. I'd like to compare how that sounds with what this was. My guess is two double bins will sound better than two single bins.

My wife is going to hate that [;)]

post-15072-13819600020038_thumb.jpg

post-15072-13819618456824_thumb.jpg

Bonus question: Can you name my 4 dogs in this picture? (one of them belongs to my brother in law)

They were all eager to help. One of them had a blast chasing my cat all over the field and then up a tree.

post-15072-13819600021178_thumb.jpg

post-15072-13819618458544_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Not sure about the other dogs but I do remember the name Cloe, probably not using those letters ?

Very cool setup and you have the perfect area for it.

MWM's sure sound good outdoors don't they, [:P] that's what there made for...open spaces. [Y] And with the 402 on top I know it sounded good !

That screen is really nice and I think you are right, a single MWM on each side in stereo would sound better, .........and maby later if your wife does not kill you for asking for another set of MWM's (or build some) you should build a folded horn sub, that may even be better than another set of MWM's ? All made where they can take rough handling and be hauled around without worrying about a few scratches, that's what they were really designed for and they do it really well.

Also in the long run it would be nice to find another set of horns for the top so you don't have to bring your 402's outside, "I think" Bob Crites has found something that works and is not as expensive as a 402 ? not sure about that

It's fun recommending things you can spend money on. [;)] Hey you alread have a concession stand and elevated theater seats, it's not like your playing around. [:D]

In case anyone noticed (Waters playing backwards) .... the screen was a rear projection screen. The projector was setup for FRONT projection so the image was inverted from side to side.

The screen nor projector are mine so I was learning on the fly how to assemble them. I finally found the location in the projector menu to rotate/flip the image and fixed the image after these shots were taken.

I was originally not going to worry about it until my wifes cousin who saw Avatar, told me there were subtitles in it. Suddenly, I was on a mission [~]