Are the Klipsch RF 10 's too short?

ZASKARK

Hello I am new to the Klipsch Community and planning on building a new home theater after I got rid of my bose( Bad Overall Speaker Equipment) system. I am specifically looking at floor standing speakers. I did some research and found that the Kilpsch RF-10 is best choice for my budget. I am building a home theather that I plan for listing to music more than movies (so I will add surround sound speakers and a center speaker later on). I am a little concerned with the height of the speakers being that they are on 34" tall (about 3 feet). If there is anyone on this forum that has these speakers or have had experinced them before please let me know what I should expect from them. Thanks for your response

My Heresies are slanted back (Many Heresy owners do this; Many of the speakers came and do come with slanted risers).

Mine are ~19" tall.

When you are seated in your couch, or whatever furniture you will use; I believe you want the HF sound at ear level for the best experience.

(Works for me!)

This positioning varies by personal preference; but remember when seated; your ears are generally much lower then when standing...

(You could always tilt your speakers back slightly if necessary....)

Remember the farther away you are from the speakers; The more sound field movement is induced by a very small adjustment. (At 5 feet away, if it is ear level; ten feet away it is way above your ears)....

Good Luck.

What is your SEATED ear height? It should be very close to the height of the tweeter, as it is the most directional sound. Bass is very non-directional, but treble is not.

Measure your seated ear height and see if it is an inch or two from the measured tweeter height of the speaker. Keep in mind if you are using a recliner, that you measure in the reclined mode, if that is your preferred mode. It is mine!! [<:o)]

Let us know,

Dennie

My Heresies are slanted back (Many Heresy owners do this; Many of the speakers came and do come with slanted risers).

Mine are ~19" tall.

When you are seated in your couch, or whatever furniture you will use; I believe you want the sound at ear level for the best experience.

(Works for me!)

This positioning varies by personal preference; but remember when seated; your ears are generally much lower then when standing...

Remember the farther away you are from the speakers; The more sound field movement is induced by a very small adjustment. (At 5 feet away, if it is ear level; ten feet away it is way above your ears)....

Good Luck.

That is what I do with my La Scalas. I have 1" three ring binders shoved under the front to tilt them up a little!

Dennie

Mine are ~19" tall.

When you are seated in your couch, or whatever furniture you will use; I believe you want the sound at ear level for the best experience.

(Works for me!)

Good Luck.

That is what I do with my La Scalas. I have 1" three ring binders shoved under the front to tilt them up a little!

Dennie

Interesting that the binder doesn't get crunched down!

One more post and you hit 5000!

Mine are ~19" tall.

(Works for me!)

Good Luck.

Dennie

You have to buy the expensive binders! [:P] LOL I've never really pulled them out and looked at them, they may be crunched! [:o]

Oh, I hit 5000 posts, what do I win? [*-)]

Dennie

Mine are ~19" tall.

(Works for me!)

Good Luck.

Dennie

You have to buy the expensive binders! Stick out tongue LOL I've never really pulled them out and looked at them, they may be crunched! Surprise

Oh, I hit 5000 posts, what do I win? Confused

Dennie

I hear that 5000 gets you a nice prize of "The Jelly of The Month Club"

Mine are ~19" tall.

(Works for me!)

Good Luck.

Dennie

You have to buy the expensive binders! Stick out tongue LOL I've never really pulled them out and looked at them, they may be crunched! Surprise

Oh, I hit 5000 posts, what do I win? Confused

Dennie

I hear that 5000 gets you a nice prize of "The Jelly of The Month Club"

I heard that too, but didn't want to get too excited.....yet! LOL [<:o)]

Dennie

My man Clark was ok with his 5000 post gift.

I thought that was when he hit 10,000 posts?

Well then, I'd better get my check! [:^)]

We should stop hijacking this thread!

Thanks Sterling, I will be looking for your Check in the mail!! [Y]

(I'm really gald we voted YOU as payee! [<:o)])

Dennie [;)]

Most Klipsch floorstanding speakers are going to be between 32 and 40" tall.

A while back I did a listening session at a local audio store. They had RF-10s, RF-25s, RF-35s and RF-7s set up in the same room with a speaker selector to switch back and forth. The RF-10s did sound decent despite being the smallest of the Reference series. You're going to need a subwoofer if you want any useable bass output but midrange and high frequencies are very good.

• Moderators

Was the prices that led you to the RF-10 the best price you could find ? I only ask because if you could find them cheaper you may be able to get a sightly different model fore the same price if the prices were better .

I know that was not about speaker hight but I thought it might be worth checking sorry to get so far off topic, we tend to do that some times just to lighten things up sorry, I think ? [:S]

If there is a time restraint on a question please say so and we can try to hurry some help like if your looking to buy or sell something and need some quick help, not that it's always fast.

Ok since you mentioned upgrading the speakers what would be the next step up from the RF-10's?would it be the RF-52?. The reason I am aiming for the RF-10's is because the use the same high end material as the rest of Klipsch line-up and better than the Synergy F-3 speakers, and the fact that on amazon they are $135 each! which I think is a great deal because the other Refrence speakers are $350 (each) and up! My budget is $600-700 (including the reciever and subwoofer) which I think with enough research I should end up with a good system. Should I expect the RF-10s to preform great and from any experince you might have had with them should I expect great sound from my music? Thanks for you help