My Klipsch RF-10s and Pioneer Reciever have arrived.

ZASKARK

I have recieved my Klipsch RF-10's, Klipsch KSW-10 subwoofer, and a Pioneer VSX-520-K reciever yesterday which arrived quickly after choosing quick shipping from amazon.com. I am currently in the process of unpacking,placing, and wiring/configuring the components, but when I am done I will update you guys with my first impressions. Thanks for all your help from those who gave me advice and support. I have the components below for those of you that want to see them:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cart/view.html/ref=ox_sc_update

Ok it took awhile but I got everything hooked up and was able to play some of my favorite tracks: the killers, Micheal Jackson, and some Journey! and boy am I impressed with the sound! (maybe because I havent heard better speakers or have been around B.O.S.E too much[:)]) I understand there are better speakers but for now my ears are satisfied! I do however need to configure the reciever there is also the advanced audio enhancer which improves ipod mp3's should I use that setting? my mp3's are 320kps which I figured is pretty good but will the audio enhancer improve the sound even more?

320 kps and better (FLAC and actual CDs) is pretty good. 256k or worse suffers........

Not sure about Audio Enhancer, but trust your ears.....

Experimenting is a big part of the fun..... [Y]

Also, read the documentation with your new receiver....... there may be other functions you are not aware of.

ok thanks I will start reading the manual and I also had a question about connecting my dvd/cd player should i use the rca (red/white) cable connections or the digital coaxial cable connection? does one produce better sound?

Playing DVDs requires a digital connection (either optical or coax) for true 5.1 surround content (Dolby Digital or DTS) while CDs can use either the same (in which case the receiver decodes the digital signal to analog) or plain old RCA cables (in which case the CD player decodes the digital signal to analog and send that to the receiver). Which one is better for CDs depends on the quality of the decoder in the CD player and in the receiver, but likely won't make much of a difference either way using inexpensive gear. If your DVD player is your CD player, there is nothing wrong with plugging in both digital and plain RCA and setting up the DVD input to use the digital and the CD input to use the RCA.

ok thanks I will start reading the manual and I also had a question about connecting my dvd/cd player should i use the rca (red/white) cable connections or the digital coaxial cable connection? does one produce better sound?

Looks like everything is coming together Zaskark! I'm glad you're enjoying it and you are right you've got a great start in the audio/HT world. It takes some people a long time to realize how great Klipsich speakers are. Now you know at the age of 17!

Read and reread the Pioneer manual. It is amazing what these thing can do now a days and it takes awhile to used to all of the functions.

If you've got questions.......we've got answers, so don't hesitate to ask!

Congratulations! [Y]

Dennie

Playing DVDs requires a digital connection (either optical or coax) for true 5.1 surround content (Dolby Digital or DTS) while CDs can use either the same (in which case the receiver decodes the digital signal to analog) or plain old RCA cables (in which case the CD player decodes the digital signal to analog and send that to the receiver). Which one is better for CDs depends on the quality of the decoder in the CD player and in the receiver, but likely won't make much of a difference either way using inexpensive gear. If your DVD player is your CD player, there is nothing wrong with plugging in both digital and plain RCA and setting up the DVD input to use the digital and the CD input to use the RCA.

He is running 2 channel only right now; but when he does upgrade; this info will be useful to him.... [Y]

here is my setup, so what do you guys think..............................................

World's Most Expensive Speakers - Magico's Ultimate

jk,Stick out tongue sorry I sold my camera so I cant take a pic of my rf-10s but you guys know how they look. right?

That's a decent start.....but you've got a ways to go! LOL [;)]

Dennie