break in period (sorry not klipsch)

Rob S

1.Do like HornEd does,sit in the room with the speakers blasting 6dB under maximum output,listen to them 8 hours/day for two weeks.Your ears and speakers will be broken...in.Always at the minimum level of 121dB!Free eviction included!

2.Do as Forrest does,take a hammer and work on the SOB's.

3.Do as I do and let the speakers play for a week or so at medium volume.Put a CD with music that covers a broad range,this way the break in is most effective.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Seriously, if you could find(borrow) someone's pink noise cd that'll speed things up a bit. Or you could BURN a continuous loop from the pink noise portion of a test CD. Don't stay in the room though, hearing loss will soon be upon you.

This message has been edited by SOUNDJUNKIE on 03-31-2002 at 09:11 AM

hmmm...whatever happened to giving someone the benefit of the doubt?

------------------

Cary AE-25 Superampf>s>

Sonic Frontiers Line 1f>s>

Anthem CD-1f>s>

Klipsch RF7'sf>s>

MIT/Monsterf>s>

"Inside every small problem is a large problem struggling to get out."f>s>c>

You have a point, Dean. But these are the type of questions that are somewhat controversial and always end up heated. Not that that's a bad thing. My opinion is this person is a troll and is just trying to start something. I hope I'm wrong though.

Notice also that he has not responded to either post...

Mike

There are some posts better suited for this "poisson d'avril" day...*

Like preferring anything Bose to Klipschorn... except for shipping rates...

Or thinking that HornEd is fool enough to sit in front of speakers for eight hours a day blasting at 121.5 dB as a minimum just because he can.

Actually, I thought this might be the day that The Ear(s) might choose to favor us with a photo of his fabulous two rooms of Ear(s)ound extravaganza. With the bread he spends on audio, one would think he could jam in a little digital photo-gilding of his Forum prose-lily... even with a borrowed camera.

How about it Ear(s), Seb put his up for you to ridicule... will you put yours up for Seb to admire? -HornEd

* Literally translated it means "April Fish" in French. On April first in France, April fool jokes are looked upon as casting out a line to see what takes the bait... which makes the catch an "April Fish." Putting out such lines on other than the first of April casts doubt upon the fisherman.

well, i challenged the ears to get a digital camera and takes pics of his setup since he bugged me so long that i needed to have a home theater setup of 'real' speakers. he has stepped up to the challenge, and that leaves him with a few months to get one and take pics, just as soon as the theater i am building is finished.

so, then we will find out the truth about "TheEars"

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

quote:

Originally posted by HornEd:

How about it Ear(s), Seb put his up for you to ridicule... will you put yours up for Seb to admire? -HornEd.

here is a list of what the ears seems to have

quote:

Main system(or system 1 in the living room,err more of an audio room)

Dynaudio Contour 3.3(mains)

Dynaudio Contour Center(err center)

Dynaudio Contour 1.1(two pairs,side and rear sourrounds)with Atlantis Reference stands

Sunfire Theater Grand II(pre/pro)

Celsete 4070(bridged mono for center channel)

Celeste 4150SE(sourrounds sides)

Celeste 4250SE(sourrounds rear)

Celeste W5(mains)

Sony Vega XBR 36" TV(plenty for me,I am an audiophile more then a videophile)

Revel B15(subwoofer)

Velodyne HGS18(subwoofer)

Aerial SW15(subwoofer)

JVC U9800 SVHS VCR

Pioneer DVAX10(CD,SACD and DVD-AUDIO player)

Mitsubishi U67 SVHS VCR

Cardas Golden Cross speaker wires,Monster M1000 interconects both video,audio and digital.Monster Z series subwoofer interconects.

Lovan Sovereign audio racks and TV stand

home made room treatment and ObusForme listening chair LOL THIS IS MY MAIN HT

*all three subs are conected to the Sunfire pre/pro since it has a very practical three sub outs.

now in the same room besides the speakers I have

Spendor FL-10's

Krell FPB600 powr amp

AudioResearch LS25 tube preamp

SONT SCD-1 super audio CD payer

Monster Sigma speaker wires and interconects

My pride and joy,no subs allowed

My second HT in the tiny room(14*10!)

Klipsch RF-7's(two pairs!both front and rear )

Klipsch RF-5's(side rears! LOL)

Klipsch RC-7(center,for now)

Denon 3801(as pre/pro for now will be upraded to B&K pre/pro)

ATI 2505(power amp)

ATI 1505(power amp)

Sunfire SIgnature(sub)

Sunfire MarkII (sub)

Sunfire Junior(sub,Super Junior on its way )

Carver Knight Shadow(sub,another one on the way!)

Toshiba Cinema Series 36" TV(had a 27" for three years )

Mitsubishi U56 VHS

Toshiba 5700(DVD,DVD audio HDCD player)

Paradigm X30 sub crossover box(to control all the Sunfire subs)

Cofee tables used as audio racks!LOL To be replaced by Atlantis Reference audio racks

Monster M series speaker cables,M1000 digital,Tributairies Silver interconects and video.

Monster Z series sub interconects

Now my PC sound systems(hey you asked for it)

Totem ROKK(satelite speakers)on Atlantis Reference stands(perfect match)

Klipsch RSW10 (sub)

Celeste 4050i(integrated amp)

UltraLink interconects and speaker cables(great value)

Klipsh Synergy SB-3,SB-2 and SC-1(center)

Klipsch KSW12 and 15(subs)

Integra DTR5.1(reciever)

Rat Shack speaker wire and interconects

VideoLogic SiroccoPro

Plus RB-5 and Quintets doing not much,oh and Paradigm Atom,Micro and Studio 60 in storage.Oh and aRotel power amp I dont even remember the model.

That is about it

so, if anyone wants to add that up and get a price for all his stuff... Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Damn justin you do have NO LIFE,you answer my posts under 5 minutes!You do live on this board,man you need some help,and I consider myself a NO LIFE!Whew

HornEd,

Dear HornEd like I said I will post a series of pics for you and the boatload of unfaithful trolls to enjoy(and plan a robbing).

I will be moving to a safer location in a few months,I dont want to please some and risk big.You know better play safe then be sorry,one audiophile I know posted his pics and four weeks later was freed from some of his goods.He will never post any pics again and give any info of value.

My audio is much more important then posting pics because if I dont I will be banished and called a crazy dreamer.Hey its a free coutry you can do that if you like.

Mystery is way better and generates plenty of comotion,and Justin is so anxious he may wet his pants!

LOL

So dear HornEd in due time you will see clear pics and I will even e-mail some to you.

And to close why in the blue hell would I invent a system I dont have and lie? What do I gain? Status,admiration? NO I post on this BB for fun and not to gain anything,hey I dont get paid to post here.

I post because I am a diehard Klipscher and own many Klipsch speakers.And the day may be near when I buy the K-Horns(after I move to the larger place).

Thank you

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Hey, Ear(s) it's April Fool's Day!!!

It's a time to relax and pull a few legs that have been sticking out thither and yon! It was supposed to be fun... not a challenge of veracity or a suggestion that anyone expose themselves to the violation that burglars create.

So, given the day I expected a brief jocular retort from you... and not the laundry list of equipment from Justin or the concern for veracity in your post.

You better watch out Ear(s), your starting to react like HornEd to one of your tongue-in-cheek tauntscwm14.gif!

Of course, the decision to post photos or not is yours... and should be made with more concern for security than the many curious folks... and a few potential hecklers. I know what it's like to endure burglaries... and it is not fun.

To your credit, Ear(s), many times have I read your advice to newbies and apart from any high end histrionics, tend to give good solid advice. I respect that... even on April Fool's Day. -HornEd

hEAR is a pic of ears system.........Dcp_2497.jpg

------------------

Main's-JVC

Center-Fisher

Suround's-Fisher

DVD Player-Panasonic

Receiver-Sony

TV-Philphs 30 inch

Sub-I pretend I have a 7 foot SVS tower of power like HornEd.

In storage-

1973 Walnut Cornwalls

1980 Walnut Hersey II's

1999 Mahogany KLF-30's

1999 Mahogany KLF-C7

2001 Black Ash RB-5's

2001 Black Ash RC-3

Receiver-Yamaha 995

DVD Player-Toshiba 3109

T.V.-Toshiba 52 inch

2 KSW 15's

Hey, Ear(s), nice tiger! -HornEd

PS: iwillwalk... nice shot! I hope you didn't steal his shorts while taking the shot. I see you even got a photo of the "other" room... and one of his favorite fan... but apparently his woofers went out for Kibbles n' Bits. Thanks for brightening our day.

Now I am exposed! !GULP!

iwillwalk WHY did you posts pics of my sole Ubber Low-End system to all?

cwm31.gif

Now I will have to buy the Ying Yang Labs CREDIBILITY and AUTHORITY enhancer! Frown.gif

Its true its true I live in a van down by the river.

cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

HornEd,

Its baleine d'avril from me!Pas de poission d'avril more like poison d'avril. cwm3.gif

What would the board do without good ole Horned One?

TheEAR Now theears