power conditioners

jon k

I would recommend the Pure AV PF60 it is definitely one of the best deals available, it is an extremely nice power conditioner and compares or even out shines power conditioners from Furman and Panamax costing over 5 times more. It originally sold for $799 or $899 then lowered to $599 msrp and you can buy one now for around $200 I added a link for one from buy.com for $194.99 with free shipping.

The build quality is excellent, they look great and work very well with more features and better specs than most others. They are available in silver and black, I have the black one and it really looks nice, it is larger than you might expect from the pictures also very heavy with a high quality look and feel. I like the protection and it made my system sound slightly warmer, I definitely felt it was a very nice improvement to my system.

If you are looking for something less they also have a smaller less expensive PF30 but I would really recommend the PF60

Here's a good review with pics and some of its specs.

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/frr.pl?raccs&1164306802&&&/Belkin-Pure-AV-Silver-Series-PF-60-AC-fi

Here's one on Buy.com

http://www.buy.com/prod/belkin-pureav-pf60-home-theater-power-console-7114j-belkin-pureav-pf60/q/loc/101/207514357.html

Note the pics make it look smaller than it is, it is deeper than it looks in the pics, nearly square.

Also the newer models reduced the coax inputs to 3 instead of 4 and eliminated the phone line inputs completely.

My Panamax 5100 has saved my system 2 times that I know of. Maybe I should have shut it down during the lightning storm, but I didn't and when lighting struck very close, the panamax saw the over-voltage and shut down immediately, twice! I highly recommend some kind of protection.

Tripp LIte makes some great products at very reasonable prices. Here's the Link to Parts Express----> CLICK HERE

Dennie

I would recommend the Pure AV PF60 it is definitely one of the best deals available, it is an extremely nice power conditioner and compares or even out shines power conditioners from Furman and Panamax costing over 5 times more. It originally sold for $799 or $899 then lowered to $599 msrp and you can buy one now for around $200 I added a link for one from buy.com for $194.99 with free shipping.

The build quality is excellent, they look great and work very well with more features and better specs than most others. They are available in silver and black, I have the black one and it really looks nice, it is larger than you might expect from the pictures also very heavy with a high quality look and feel. I like the protection and it made my system sound slightly warmer, I definitely felt it was a very nice improvement to my system.

If you are looking for something less they also have a smaller less expensive PF30 but I would really recommend the PF60

Here's a good review with pics and some of its specs.

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/frr.pl?raccs&1164306802&&&/Belkin-Pure-AV-Silver-Series-PF-60-AC-fi

Here's one on Buy.com

http://www.buy.com/prod/belkin-pureav-pf60-home-theater-power-console-7114j-belkin-pureav-pf60/q/loc/101/207514357.html

Note the pics make it look smaller than it is, it is deeper than it looks in the pics, nearly square.

Also the newer models reduced the coax inputs to 3 instead of 4 and eliminated the phone line inputs completely.

I basically use the exact same one from PureAV, ecept it is also a battery backup that I use on my receiver, Blu-Ray and DVR in case power goes out we don't lose a recording. For my amps and a couple other items I also use a Tripp Lite (HT1210 is the model number I think). This one is nice for amps because it is remote controlled and all can turn on automatically with a push of the universal remote if you don't have a signal sensor on your amp/pre-amp.

I also use a small tripp-lite I think behind my Plasma mount as well as the small wall plug-ins at the outlet level for my subwoofers.

My advice... simple... just get something. You are on the right track for asking.

For my amps and a couple other items I also use a Tripp Lite (HT1210 is the model number I think). This one is nice for amps because it is remote controlled and all can turn on automatically with a push of the universal remote if you don't have a signal sensor on your amp/pre-amp.

That is one of the real nice things on the Pure Av PF60, it has one of the best trigger systems I have seen. The PF 60 itself can be triggered with either a 12v trigger or a separate special low watt AC trigger so you can use a switched AC outlet on your receiver or preamp etc. to trigger ON the PF 60. The PF 60 has individual settings for each of its 6 separate power banks to either be always ON or triggered ON and a choice of instant ON or a couple different delay times for each power bank as well.

Also note 6 completely isolated power banks for the 13 AC outlets, 2 outlets on each isolated power bank and the 1 front convenience outlet shares one of the rear power banks, another top end feature found only on much more expensive conditioners.

My Panamax 5100 has saved my system 2 times that I know of. Maybe I should have shut it down during the lightning storm, but I didn't and when lighting struck very close, the panamax saw the over-voltage and shut down immediately, twice! I highly recommend some kind of protection.

Tripp LIte makes some great products at very reasonable prices. Here's the Link to Parts Express----> CLICK HERE

Dennie

I have a Panamax as well (M5300-PM). I scored it for like $300 when Tweeter was liquidating out right before they shut down for good (I still miss that place [:(] ).

In addition, I also have a CyberPower CP800AVR UPC for the DVR and the music server. The DVR is so I don't loose any recordings and the music server, because, for all intent and purposes, it is a PC and I just don't want it's drive and OS to get trashed due to a power failure.

Here are some good pics of the Pure AV-60 shown at the top, below it
is the matching UPS battery back-up. The second image gives a better
example of them with other components.The PF-60 looks very nice (even
better in person than in the pics) and it has better specs than most
power supplies selling for over $1,000

I have also owned a
Panamax and like the PF-60 much better. When I bought the PF-60, I was
deciding between the PF-60 and the Panamax 5500 ac regenerator and I am
really happy with my choice.

Note this isn't my system just some
good pics I found on google image.

PF-60-sm.jpg

Pf-60-sm-2.jpg

Here are some good pics of the Pure AV-60 shown at the top, below it
is the matching UPS battery back-up. The second image gives a better
example of them with other components.The PF-60 looks very nice (even
better in person than in the pics) and it has better specs than most
power supplies selling for over $1,000

I have also owned a
Panamax and like the PF-60 much better. When I bought the PF-60, I was
deciding between the PF-60 and the Panamax 5500 ac regenerator and I am
really happy with my choice.

Note this isn't my system just some
good pics I found on google image.

PF-60-sm.jpg

Pf-60-sm-2.jpg

Oh, that sure is purdy!! But, can you tell me if you can dim that front LCD panel?

My Panamax has a multi-step dimmer for the LED Lights, but even on the dimmest setting, it was still a little bright when watching a movie. Not wanting to completely turn the lights off, which is an option, I put electrical tape over the most of the lights and solved the problem!

Dennie

Oh, that sure is purdy!! But, can you tell me if you can dim that front LCD panel?

My Panamax has a multi-step dimmer for the LED Lights, but even on the dimmest setting, it was still a little bright when watching a movie. Not wanting to completely turn the lights off, which is an option, I put electrical tape over the most of the lights and solved the problem!

Dennie

It does have a multi-step dimmer with quite a few different shades, it cannot be turned completely OFF but can be dimmed considerably. I can see this being distracting if it was near the movie screen. I have my equipment located along a side wall so that lights are not a distraction.

Dennie

It does have a multi-step dimmer with quite a few different shades, it cannot be turned completely OFF but can be dimmed considerably. I can see this being distracting if it was near the movie screen. I have my equipment located along a side wall so that lights are not a distraction.

Thanks for the reply, yeah, my rack is in the front of the room, so bright lights can be distracting! Heck, my Pioneer Elite has a Blazing Blue light over the volume control. One of the first things I did was cover that with electrical tape, problem solved. [;)]

Dennie

I have an APC G5 power conditioner/ surge protector. I vbought it from vanns brand new at $120. For the price, you cant beat this thing. I was looking for a shelf model power conditioner/surge protector, not a strip that goes on the floor and this was the best deal I could possibly find. I am a stickler with certain electronics and well, I wanted to make sure that everything i had was definitly protected. I don't think you would be disappointed with this purchase. Its also nice, it has an outlet in the front, great for testing/troubleshooting or hooking up a temporary game system, i have used mine several times already.

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/752878425/apc-g5?s_c=site_search

APC is nice but for $80 more you can get the h10 If you only need 1000 watts. Down sides are the APC h series are not good with subwoofers and don't have bi-directional capabilities so you can't run your coax cable through it if you have digital cable

I got an apc h15 for $140 shipped "used" but the thing was beyond mint, every insert, baggie ect. Have seen killer panamax conditioners go for sub $200 used.

For a little more you get a ton more features and if you fo used you can get everything any normal person needs for under $200

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4442408&CatId=4715