show us your FORTES / CHORUS speakers

quadklipsh

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

willland,

how much different are the fortes from those quartets of yours soundwise .

moray james has been guiding me to get the quartets as these both share the same mid/high frequency drivers .

the difference being in woofers and cabinets .

the prices for the two differ much more . so do you think quartets should be bought if not fortes ?or should i just live with my RF3s .

would quartts be better than RF-3s.both music and movies

how much different are the fortes from those quartets of yours soundwise .

moray james has been guiding me to get the quartets as these both share the same mid/high frequency drivers .

the difference being in woofers and cabinets .

the prices for the two differ much more . so do you think quartets should be bought if not fortes ?or should i just live with my RF3s .

would quartts be better than RF-3s.both music and movies

Quartets and Fortes(I's) only share the tweeters. Forte II's and Quartets share mids/highs.

The Quartets are an awesome speaker with just a tad less bass than the Fortes/Forte II's. With the tractrix midhorn, the Quartets are a little less placement specific over the Forte I's and off axis listening is a bit better.

IMO, the Quartets will be better than your RF-3's for music mainly because of the midhorn but may not have as much of an edge for movies.

As I have mentioned frequently, I like all of my speakers(copout answer but true) and each have their own good qualities.

Bill

if quartets are better than rf3s , no offence taken, i love the fact that the oldies still beat the newbies .i wonder why the old stuff was still unbeaten by the reference line .

point no.2 , if quartets cannot be better than 3s in movies , i dont think it hurts me, coz i know iv never used the 3s to their full potential .perhaps not even to half as loud as their full power handling. so im sure quartets would also be fine .

• Moderators

i dont think it hurts me, coz i know iv never used the 3s to their full potential .perhaps not even to half as loud as their full power handling. so im sure quartets would also be fine .

It really has nothing to do with power handling, it has everything to do with sounding BIGGER and more detailed.

Power handling really means very little, you could fry your RF-3's with a 20 wpc amp because of distortion at high volumes.

[H]

if quartets are better than rf3s , no offence taken, i love the fact that the oldies still beat the newbies .i wonder why the old stuff was still unbeaten by the reference line .

Here is an order list of my listening sessions with my speakers. No offense taken here.[:(][:@][H]

1) RF-63's(satellite, movies, music)

2) Fortes

3) Heresys

4) RB-5s

5) Quartets

As you can see, it is not in order of preference, just convenience. I really do enjoy them all for different(and similar) reasons.

I am constantly listening to CD's in different configurations to compare and just to make it a little more exciting.

point no.2 , if quartets cannot be better than 3s in movies , i dont think it hurts me, coz i know iv never used the 3s to their full potential .perhaps not even to half as loud as their full power handling. so im sure quartets would also be fine .

I did not imply that the Quartets can't be better for movies, I was just expressing that gap between the two sets of speakers would not be as wide. I am almost certain that Quartets in a HT system would be absolutely incredible. I just think the detail you can get from a 3-way speaker is where the edge is for music but not so obvious with HT.

Bill

• Moderators

Willliand, to me even with your list of different Klipsch they all sound a little different but overall they all still have a similar sound, I guess it's the horns and probably even more so the way Klipsch "voices" there speakers.

Do you find the same thing ?

Willliand, to me even with your list of different Klipsch they all sound a little different but overall they all still have a similar sound, I guess it's the horns and probably even more so the way Klipsch "voices" there speakers.

Do you find the same thing ?

That is definitely what I am trying to say. I think(hope) I could pick out a Klipsch speaker in a blind test by the somewhat signature voicing.

Bill

• 1 month later...