KHorn Project.

Guest David H

Dave, I just put in a pair of 220ti tweets in my Khorns in place of my Crites tweets, and they sound great so far. I think they complement the 405 mids a touch better, but I've only had them in for a couple of days. They are a tad louder than the Crites also. -kevin

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, I just put in a pair of 220ti tweets in my Khorns in place of my Crites tweets, and they sound great so far. I think they complement the 405 mids a touch better, but I've only had them in for a couple of days. They are a tad louder than the Crites also. -kevin

Super, I have a set of D220's on the way from Bob Crites, have been anxious to try them.

Definately a buyers market.

Dave Harris

Dave, great thread, is the khorn fastrac horn the same as the lascala fastrac horn? In to the second week with your Fastrac's in my lascalas', really enjoying the open, smooth sound, gives the piano and guitar a full more natural sound over the K-400.

t

Dave, great thread, is the khorn fastrac horn the same as the lascala fastrac horn? In to the second week with your Fastrac's in my lascalas', really enjoying the open, smooth sound, gives the piano and guitar a full more natural sound over the K-400.

t

The horn used in this project is much larger. "Fastrac K", its a 300Hz Fc vs: the Lascala's 350Hz Fc.

Dave Harris

Great work!!! and great progress on getting that old face veneer off the bins.

Thanks Groom, yes it is alot of work, but I took a short-cut by stripping the majority of the top layer off with my hand planer, then went to the orbital.

Herb, is back..... Nice.

I am very anxious to get back to my Khorn project, but I had a request to address first.

It was suggested that I design an adjustable mount for my horns that did not require drillling new holes in his beloved KHorns: such as adding an L bracket or moving the current bracket from the original K-400. Initially I though the request to be a bit unreasonable, however I like a challenge.

Here is what I came up with. Because of the position of this brace, I can adjust it up to 1/4 inch in either direction, and will work in the original KHorn as well as the B Top KHorns. The great part is that this is built from left over plywood.

Dave Harris

post-24405-13819617041478_thumb.jpg

post-24405-13819620992202_thumb.jpg

Guest David H

More pics, I have always like the open end grain on Klipsch speakers, so I needed to come up with a way to replace the damaged end grain with matching 13 ply Baltic Birch.

post-24405-13819617184484_thumb.jpg

post-24405-1381962110212_thumb.jpg