Reel to reel service in new Orleans ??

joessportster

I know a good deal of talk takes place here regarding reel to reels. So I thought it worth a try to ask if anyone here knows of a tech in new Orleans area. Joe

Hey Joe,

I know of a good tech here in New Orleans, why are you here or something? His name is Tom last name escapes me at the momet, the name of his place is Westbank Audio in Gretna, La thats across the river from N.O.

Jay

Jay. I wish I was in N.O. I have an aquaintance there that has a deck in need of service and the subject came up. He was saying there are no shops around and I explained that reel techs are kinda an underground group that you have to dig around to get there info. So of course I thought to reach out here. And looks like it worked AGAIN !!! This place is great. Thanks jay I will pass the info along. Joe

WIsh I knew of one in Houston...

My Sony TC-765 has only one problem, but it sux. Supply hold back tension doesn't work, and it's electric and, though I've gone in and looked, I can't identify what controls it. Wish it were a simple metal band with a screw like the old days...

I may call the NO place and see if they think they can handle that. If they'll do a nice package on fix and complete checkout it might be worth the freight. I only paid 25 bucks for it.

Dave

I've basically given up on reel to reel it seems no matter what you get there is always an issue with this or that. I have bought refurbished units serviced units you name it and always a PITA. They are also very problematic to ship if you sell them. No matter how good the packing it seems the constant vibration involved with transport always throws something off. Joe

Guys thanks for the kind words, Joe I can't imagine what you are doing or not doing to have so much trouble or bad luck!!! When I aquire a new to me deck I check it out myself to the best of my ability, and then I bring it over to Tom. After that it's been pretty much plug and play.

Jay

Jay. My problem is I don't have a Tom near me that I am aware of. So if I buy a deck and something is wrong I have no tech nearby to turn to and r2r doesn't seem to ship well at all. He'll I have a near pro akai monster deck setting in the house right now weighs around 70 pounds FFW. &. REW don't work properly. Deck has 3 speeds near mint condition. Gathering dust !!!!!! Joe