Volti Audio video workshop tour

greg928gts

That was a cool tour, Greg! Did you do a super clean-up for the video, or is the shop always that spotless? I'll bet the latter! We've seen a lot of photos taken in your work place, but the video puts them all in perpective. I'll bookmark the video so when my V-Trac horns are old enough to understand, I'll show them where they were born (and the fleeting bathroom mirror shot of their real father). [Y]

Oh, and that pit must come in handy when it's time to service the Domes of Silence on the bottom of the Khorns...

So I'm pretty jealous, but also kinda proud at another wood butcher's accomplishments. Keep up the good work, my friend. Hey, I should make a pilgrimage to ol' Volti Audio! I could use my art/film degree to use making a documentary, with YOU on screen!!

Greg,

Very nice shop. You say that if not married you could live there, I hear ya, I could live in a shop like that too. Very impressive.

I could look and study that heating setup for hours just to see how its all put together. Forced heat furnaces down here in the south, they do the job but basic and boring compared to the heating systems up in your part of the world.

Thanks for posting the video.

Randy

I could look and study that heating setup for hours just to see how its all put together.

LOL. That exactly the reason for putting it next to the sh*tter!

Greg

Come to think of it, I don't think you showed a shot of the toilet. Kinda difficult to study the heating setup to your right when you're using the urinal ( I use this time to study grout joints).

Greg, I did get my hydronic heat going again. Thanks for all the help designing, building, and now troubleshooting the system for my workshop. Flapper valve had come apart as suspected. And I fixed all the other slow leaks and cleaned up corrosion. System charged to 40 psi and heat is set at 55!

I LOVE my warm shop floors- thanks buddy!

Michael

Beautiful shop, great tools, perfect 'guy appeal'. I didn't know you had some many areas sectioned off. What are the overall dimensions?

I stole a couple ideas from you, hope you don't mind. And doesn't the MCM1900 system make the perfect workshop stereo? Do you just use that old Crown D300 for them?

Michael

Beautiful shop, great tools, perfect 'guy appeal'. I didn't know you had some many areas sectioned off. What are the overall dimensions?

I stole a couple ideas from you, hope you don't mind. And doesn't the MCM1900 system make the perfect workshop stereo? Do you just use that old Crown D300 for them?

Michael

Glad you got the heat going again.

The overall shop is 40' x 60' and with the upper level storage areas, there's about 3600 sq.ft. Still not enough!

I've got the little shop stereo tri-amped with one Crown Xti on all four bass horns (not enough power, he he), one Crown Xti on the mid-bass, and a Mac 2200 on the high end. The tweets are passively crossed over from the mids. I have severe bass cancellation problems in that room, but I'm not willing to change the location of the system, or add room treatment, so it is what it is. It gets lots of EQ. Still impressive when you crank it up - dust "snows" down on you from above!

Greg

• 2 weeks later...