RSW-15 Sub

rennoc442

Its a very very nice sub. It was amazing with my RF-7s. Its tight, clean and can play loud, but it doesn't dig much below (rolls off) 20hz. For some people that might be a problem for the ultimate explosion movie. I never had an issue with it, it shook my room when it was approipriate material and added a deep presense the rest of the time. For music it was seemless when set up correctly. I am always causious about buying used subs, because depending on the past owner they can have taken a beating, but parts are still available (actually check with Klipsh to confirm). Check it out.

I have an RSW-15 and love it. It is a very good sub for music listening, very precise, fast, plenty of power. However, it will roll off rather rapidly below 20Hz! It is not very good for home theater applications. Just depends on how you plan on using it. I live in the Dallas area and have been looking for another one.

It is not very good for home theater applications

I had two of them and I much preferred my SVS subs for home theatre. Now that I only do two channel I wish I had them back!!

Very tight, fast and accurate. [Y]

If you can get a good deal on it I would say buy it, if you decide it's not what you want it should be easy to resell. I have heard that the RSW-15 is the most musical sub Klipsch ever made, it should be a great sub for music and do fairly well for HT except for someone who really wants a very potent HT sub.

[

I had two of them and I much preferred my SVS subs for home theatre. Now that I only do two channel I wish I had them back!!

same here Scott, i had 2 of them also and wish i had the other one back Stick out tongue
I think I took them for granted. The SVS's output down deep is very, very impressive but for music they're just not as clean as the RSW-15's. Hindsight is always 20/20 but something tells me the RSW-15 would match up really well with my KLF-30's. Maybe someday I'll get them back....

Guest davidness

I'm going to assume you are talking about the maple one being offered on craigslist out of Tampa (as discussed in the Alerts section of the garage sale section). At the price they're asking, it would be a very good deal. Very good. For the money, it's a bargain. I have a RSW-15, 12, and 10. And I love it with my RF-7 grouping. If you pass on it, you may regret it, then spend the next year looking for another that will probably cost you more. Just be sure you're okay with maple.