Klipsch RW-12 (not 12d)

Big Whitey

Hey all,

I am looking at picking up a used Klipsch RW-12 for $250.00, Im pretty confident that this is a good deal but would like some personal input on this sub and what your thoughts are with this sub.

My current setup is

Klipsch Rf-82's

Klipsch RC-62

Klipsch KG 5.5

PA HD10 150 watt subwoofer

PSB Alpha Subsonic 5

( I will be replacing one of the subs with the one I had mentioned)

Thanks in advnace.

My opinion is this.. The Klipsch RW-12 is an ok sub. I ended up selling mine because I found it too boomy on the lower end. Of course room treatment and placement play a major role in how it will sound but I just couldn't get mine to lose that boomy sound. I prefer a tighter bass and the RW-12 couldn't provide this in my room. If you are thinking of upgrading to the Klipsch then I would put that $250 in a swear jar until you have enough for something a little better.

Klipsch make amazing speakers but they wouldn't be my first choice for subwoofers.

Well I am still finding myself very interested in this deal, as far as $280 goes how does this sub stand up. The subs I am currently using are crap. The majority of the reviews I can find state that this thing is a beast... but who knows what there comparing it to, I just dont want to buy it and find that Im wanting to upgrade in the near future.

See, I have been there done that and all I can say is I wouldn't want to go back. Some have it and love it, others are like me and have owned it and now own something better. Nobody here can make up your mind for you, only you can do that. I think most people here would agree that at the $250 price you listed it's a fair deal... but make no mistake about it, there are better subs out there and if it were me I would rather try and do it right the first time then find out down the road that it's just not cutting it. Upgradeitis is a costly disease.

Well I am still finding myself very interested in this deal, as far as $280 goes how does this sub stand up. The subs I am currently using are crap. The majority of the reviews I can find state that this thing is a beast... but who knows what there comparing it to, I just dont want to buy it and find that Im wanting to upgrade in the near future.

I have the Emotive Ultra 12 and it is an awesome value.

I got to hook it up with some Pro Cornwalls at a recent Klipsch gathering. It kept up well, especially comsidering it could not be properly placed as the RCA cable was short.

I think the Emotiva subs (especially when on sale) are an excellent value and tough to beat. Yes, there are better subs; but they cost hundreds more.

Good Luck.

I have the RW-12 and my whole family loves it. Sure, there are better subs out there but come on, it is only 250.00. I don't believe there is anything around that price that can come close to it. How can you go wrong. If I could find one for that price I would get it just to have a backup:-)

• Like 1

I have watched these on ebay. In good shape they sell for over $350. I bought mine new for $395 when the RW-12d came out. I would like another one but I don't think they are worth $350 used. As someone has already said for $250 you could try it out. Or use it until you save more money. Then turn around and sell it for all you paid and then some. If the sub is in good shape you can't loose with this purchase. If your not going to buy the sub you should let us know where we could pick it up.

• 2 weeks later...

For $250, try it out. After you do, I bet you crave cleaner and lower bass that doesn't port chuff and have creaking plastic. I bought two NEW RW-12d's for $650 total a few years ago and could no longer stand them and sold the pair for $600 last month.