Something we've known all along... Klipsch is #1

Amy

I read that Bestcovery selection in the course of researching RF-7 II's before I ordered them. I used Altec A7-500's in my 2-channel stereo system for the last 20 years, so the new RF-7 II's needed to be good to replace them.

FYI, an audiophile friend of mine has a most unusual 7.1 system that uses Bose 901's as the side speakers. He uses Magnapans for the rear speakers, Snell floorstanders for the front right and left and an Altec A7-800 for the middle and subwoofer role. The 901's, which I don't like in 2-channel stereo mode, work well in his system.

The RF7-II narrowly beat out the Bose 901, which is number two on the list. Amazing. (They still make those? People actually still buy them? Unbelievable.)

Bose 901s are very popular amongst the male don't ask, don't tell sector. I have to work arround alot of them and they like "the looks" of the 901s.

Roger

The RF7-II narrowly beat out the Bose 901, which is number two on the list. Amazing. (They still make those? People actually still buy them? Unbelievable.)

Bose 901s are very popular amongst the male don't ask, don't tell sector. I have to work arround alot of them and they like "the looks" of the 901s.

Roger

The 901s carry the Bose nomenclature, which automatically will get a certain "segment" of the market to pay attention. But I would also add that 901s CAN sound quite good in the proper room and with proper (read: LOTS and clean) power. The two best arrangements I have heard 901s was when the speakers were suspended from the ceiling in the corners. Still wouldn't buy a pair....I pined for Heritage in the early 901 days.

While I can't vouch for the source of the reviews, it doesn't surprise me that the new RF7 would get such notice. I am quite impressed with the original RF7, (only wishing they got better cabinets) but that's a minor point when compared to the performance.