Why must cats pee on speaker grills?

oldmako

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just remembered using some stuff called " NO" . I think it was made by Hartz mountain co - not sure

It was a nasty spray that you would spray onto a cotton ball- then attach to the speaker/sofa or whatever. When I first bought it I would catch the cat getting ready to scratch nad run his nose in it- then atttach it to the sofa/speaker. After that they never bothered the sofa which they hadt targeted for a scratching post.. cats hated the stuff.

Dont know if it is still out there but it worked well for me.

For the record Cigarbum has the best most well behaved cats that I have ever seen. I always get the cats from the peeing and scratching Olympic team. That is why I dont have one now.

cat piss is some weird stuff!

It is boggling how they drink water and battery acid comes out the other side. A few times our cat has peed on a pile of clothes on our basement floor. Soaking the clothes in vinegar (1/3) and water (2/3) before going in the washer gets rid of the pee smell. Never tried this on speaker grilles - he doesn't mess with them.