9.1 Surround

Pete H

Is anyone actually running this? I'm pulling wires now and my understanding is that it's an upper L&R signal that may at some point be incorporated into movie soundtracks, but can be simulated now with the proper processing. The question is simple; if you have it, what do you think and should I wire for it now while I can? The only other question would be, what, if I do wire for it, should the placement be for these future channels?

I am running a Yamaha RX-Z9 9:1 and it is so cool because like when a bird is up in the tree. But yes I would wire for it.

Since it's above the main L&R, I'm going to pull the wires so I can at least play with it, when I spend more money on a processor capable of 9.1...........Where will it end?[:P]

...........Where will it end?Stick out tongue

It NEVER ends..... lol......

Once you accept that; regarding this hobby (And the Wifey accepts it); it is much easier to swallow!

Cool

This is the second time I've accepted that fact and I have a really good comment about wive's and GF's swallowing, but Amy will kill my thread, so I'm not going to say anything.[Y]

• Moderators

Where will it end?Stick out tongue

It may never end, some changes were great VHS = wow we can watch a movie at home whenever we want and the receiver has Dolby Prologic which makes it sound like it's all around you. [:P] Then DVD's looked better and sounded better and 5 - 6, discrete channels. [H] Now Bluray and 3-D and no telling how many channels we will end up with. [:S]

In the end you will have to squeeze in the room around all the speakers and equipment, but it will look and sound great, and probably have motion seats and misters to make you feel right if it rains in a certain scene, and of course scented also. [:o]

In the end you will have to squeeze in the room around all the speakers and equipment, but it will look and sound great, and probably have motion seats and misters to make you feel right if it rains in a certain scene, and of course scented also. Surprise

I already ordered the misters, but nobody will sell me the natural gas flame throwers so you can feel the heat during the big explosions; something about alcohol and explosives and some kind of special license.................I think it's all political.