Go for the Ram??

rennoc442

I know this is the wrong forum, but I think there is some dodge lovers here.

I've been looking for a 07-09 Chevy crew cab with a diesel for a while, and have found a few I almost want.(very anal) So at the lot where I saw my 111th Chevy, I saw this HUGE dodge! Now mind you I am and always will be a die hard GM guy, but when I saw this mega cab, I was impressed! 2007 dodge RAM mega cab with the 6.7 diesel 60000 miles and really clean. Fully loaded and wayy cheaper then a comparable Chevy.

I must say the interior is huge! Love it! But not big on the look of the interior or body, but wow it was very comfy and big! Plus $10,000 under blue book.

So who owns one or has heard about this truck? Any advice guys?

I know this is the wrong forum, but I think there is some dodge lovers here. I've been looking for a 07-09 Chevy crew cab with a diesel for a while, and have found a few I almost want.(very anal) So at the lot where I saw my 111th Chevy, I saw this HUGE dodge! Now mind you I am and always will be a die hard GM guy, but when I saw this mega cab, I was impressed! 2007 dodge RAM mega cab with the 6.7 diesel 60000 miles and really clean. Fully loaded and wayy cheaper then a comparable Chevy. I must say the interior is huge! Love it! But not big on the look of the interior or body, but wow it was very comfy and big! Plus $10,000 under blue book. So who owns one or has heard about this truck? Any advice guys?

2007 is the first year Cummins put the 6.7 in the Ram trucks. They were plagued with check engine lights, plugged Diesel Particulate Filters and sticking variable orficed turbos. Get the serial number and PM me. I'll look up the warranty history for you. On the bright side, the newest PCM software has taken care of a lot of the issues in the past. I'd still take it over a Ford with their leaking head gaskets and injector issues however.

I owned a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab with the HEMI 5.7 , 345 HP at the time with about 375+ ft. lbs of torque. Looked great, but much lower overall quality than any Chevy or Ford truck that I have ever owned. The transmissions on Dodge are notorious to completely fail at about 75K miles at least on the gas versions. I cannot comment on the diesel models. Also lots of rattles and interior/cabin not as nice as Chevy or Ford INMHO.

I admit they are visual eye candy, but overall cost in the longrun will be higher than Chevy or Ford from my experience.

I'd still take it over a Ford with their leaking head gaskets and injector issues however.

still? man that brings back memories of my first vehicle. 1977 Ford F-150 FWD--great for 50,000 miles, then the head gasket goes.

I have a good friend at the local Ford store and they've got 2 guys whose only job is to pull cabs and fix oil leaks.