Heresy question - orignal or a frankensteined together mess?

I found a pair of Heresy that have been relaminated and from the pictures they look nice. Grills need some work but over all the speakers look good. Then I noticed the wire connectors were on the bottom instead of the top where all the rest of the Heresy I've owned have been so now I'm wondering what else is wrong with them.

Has anyone ever seen a pair of Heresy come this way factory?

post-33518-13819637748294_thumb.jpg

Silly question... Were terminal location on these, CW, or any others an orderable feature? I too have seen both top and bottom and wondered if it was a customer request, luck of the draw, or the preference of the person who fastened the back cover to the cabinet.

• 2 weeks later...

I found a pair of Heresy that have been relaminated and from the pictures they look nice. Grills need some work but over all the speakers look good. Then I noticed the wire connectors were on the bottom instead of the top where all the rest of the Heresy I've owned have been so now I'm wondering what else is wrong with them.

cs, did you buy them or ever get access to the insides? -Noah

cs, did you buy them or ever get access to the insides? -Noah

I got busy at work and kind of forgot about them. They are far enough away that I really don't have time to get them, but in a town I goto from time to time. Had the timing worked out I would have tried to get them while I was going there anyway. I see they are off craigslist now so maybe they are gone. I hate to email the guy and waste his time but if I'm heading that way I'll reach out to him and see if he still has them.

• 1 month later...

I just bought a set of these last week and they have the same connectors and are located in the same spot as the ones pictured. They appear to have came this way. I've been using some kg 5.5's since I bought them new in the 90's and found these local so I thought I'd give them a try. I really love the sound and the smaller size. I'm pretty happy I gave them a try.

You are looking at a pair of some of the last Heresy-I's produced. Production generally stopped by late 1984 early 1985, and the Heresy-II was introduced in 1985. They should have K-24 woofers, K-53/701 midranges and the tweeters will still be K-77's. The crossovers should be type E-2. Terminals are original and a number of Heresy-I's fron the early 80's had the terminals on the bottom of the rear panel.

See: http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/103886.aspx

Thanks for your reply. I took the back off of the other one to see what it said and I was a k22. I took a shot on these and bought them without hearing them first and I'm really glad I bought them. I think before long I might look into some crossover upgrades, but I'm not sure. I think I'll just listen to them for a month or so and then decide. I think the kg 5.5's I have may be louder but there's something I really like about these small speakers. I know my wife likes them, because now she can see out of the front window.[:D]

They look perfectly appropriate for the last of the Heresys. No need to upgrade the crossovers. The main reason people do it on older Heresys is they have paper in oil capacitors which deteriorate with age. Yours have film capacitors, which seldom need replacement.