Informal Poll: Should Cornwall Return?

• Klipsch Employees

HDBR

It sounds like we know a lot of the same peopel.

I lived in hope from about 76-2001. Most of that time anyway.

Karen (joy) now livied right behind me.

Bodarc (robert) dorve my bus back then just before he started at the plant. One of my best friends is Roy Byers son...

Back on subject, Yes I too would love to see the CW back on the production list. I need 3 more...

I have the vert. hons, so I would like to see that again as well.

A long side riser would be nice too.

They would run about $3k MSRP today.

Same as the 64-82 version cabinets and dirvers.

The network could use some tweeking, but other wise the same.

Email me or call some time, I would like to talk.

BTW: I saw Mr. Bradford at the book signing in March.

He was doing good and still playing music. I think he is 83 or so now.

A lot of you may have seen his name on the back of your speakers....

------------------

Trey Cannon

Technical Support

Klipsch Audio Technologies

trey.cannon@klipsch.com

1-800-554-7724 opt 6

This message has been edited by trey cannon on 04-30-2002 at 12:40 AM

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trey,

How can anybody ever forget ole Bois' d'Arc?...LOL!..that guy was killer funny!!!...always talkin some trash!!...I remember when he built those half-scale K-horns (actually about 1/4th size)..he was so damned proud of em!!..LOL!...they tested out about like a Heresy too!!!! He said "If I'd known that before I built em, then I woulda built some Heresys instead!!!"...LOL!! Is he still there? He used to call himself the "Cabinet-Shop Token"...LOL!...What a clown!!!...but a damned good builder..when I left they had him flippin back and forth between parts, LaScalas, and K-horns!!! He would come over and tail the mitered Cornwalls alot with me...Lynn would get mad because we were having too much fun together...Lynn never did catch on that when we had fun we actually got more built than when he told us to quiet down!!!!...LOL! "Ole" Bois d'Arc would wait til things got quiet in the shop, then holler out "We gotta get some SOOOUUULLL in here!!!"...LOL!

I heard they stepped Lynn Stevenson down a few years ago and then he left awhile after that.

Mr. Bradford was SOOOOOO laid back, nothing ever phased him at all!!!...he just rolled speakers into that booth, put the alligator clips on em and rolled through the frequency range...and rolled em out...very mellow old gentleman!!! In seven years there, I don't think I ever heard him say as much as I have already written here!!!...LOL!...but he was a true gentleman of the old school!!!

I see Portis Gilley inspected yer cornwalls. He was such a cool gentleman...very young at heart...that morning when we all found out he had passed away...well...let's just say..it remained the quietest throughout the plant I had ever seen!!...He was much beloved by his co-workers!!!!!

I'll give ya a holler sometime soon...I hope my recollections arent tickin anybody off!!!...Please let me know if they do!!!

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 04-30-2002 at 01:43 AM

Klewless,

Look closer....what you see on the far right of that picture is not the bottom of the speaker, it is the "shelf" baffle...to the right of that is the port.

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

Interesting your definition of the Heritage line (and it certainly applies too). I would not be as limiting. I would allow for possible future expansion by saying that the classic drivers (or reasonable facsimilies) with a classic crossover (can we still get oil filled caps?) mounted in one of the classic cabinets OR some newer cabinet combined with somewhat more classic dirvers and crossovers to produce a sound that is as good and fits better with modern decor. A "Heritage" must be at least a three way design. (Could we then include models like the Chorus, Forte, and Quartet? Afterall, Klipsch calls these Heritage models in thier list of discontinued products elsewhere on this site)

Though I'm sure the Heresy still outsells the rest of the Heritage line by volume and perhaps by revenue too, I think the Reference line and the other lines that Klipsch produces could have marginalized the Heresy in favor of pricer offerings in the Heritage line (as long as you have to special order a Heritage speaker, why settle for something that isn't special). This is why I suggest the need to drop the Heresy if the Cornwall is re-introduced.

The point in my "son of Heresy" rant is that though I like the fullness of sound (wide and loud) produced by my Heresys, they have no bass by comparison to anything in their price range on the market today. The combination with the Rp-3 does much to rectify the problem, but the Heresy Tweeter still is not as crystal clear as the RP-3 tweeter (though the RP-3 tweeter lacks the fullness that the Heresy has). Building or reintroducing the Cornwall (which has essentially the same drivers) would have to conquer those problems to be competitive in today's market place. The "son of Heresy" is only a suggestion that something of the Heritage quality needs to appear that successfully combines the older technology of the Classic Heritage line, with some of the newer market realities and capabilities. Some Klipsch owners were looking to the KLF line (at least the KLF20 and especially the 30)to be the flag bearer for the combination of old and new until Klipsch dropped that line in favor of the Reference series.

Yes, a redesign would be necessary and would require some research. I guess I forgot that Klipsch seems to be skimping on that lately.

"Wood" Choice:

If we are discussing a classic Cornwall, then certainly the plywood it has always been built with has to be the answer.

Newer design? I'd still like to see the care of real wood, but there are some very nice veneers too. And I don't think anyone can argue aginst the neutral sound qualities of MDF.

As for the Cottage Industry, it is already out there (Cornwalls, Klipschorns, Belles, LaScalas, University designs and others too) waiting to serve your unauthorized building needs.

Hope this helped to define the multiple paths of thought that I tried to briefly touch on in the earlier post in this thread. It just gets so long when I have to elaborate.

This message has been edited by cc1091 on 04-30-2002 at 11:31 PM

Boy CC109 your skull is as thick as a 3X4. LOL You must not have it takes to put a Sub together with a set of speakers. That what everybody else but you seem to do. Your rants about turning all Klipsch into powered speakers are getting old for me and I dont even read here much. LOL Hopefully another speaker CO comes out with amped speakers and you go there. Or try something else besides gripen and telling Klipsch what to do. That old hat man. cwm1.gif

------------------

go forth & hump the world

CC109,

Heresys don't have enough bass for ya huh?...Well, if you put em on the damned FLOOR where they are intended to be instead of sittin em up on another skinny speaker where you can't "feel" the bass, then maybe you wouldn't have that problem!!!! Heresys produce plenty of Bass!!...It doesn't extend as LOW, because it is just fired by one 12" woofer, with no porting...but when the Heresy was first designed by PWK, it was intended for use as a CENTER channel speaker between two K-horns in a three-speaker stereo array.

People in this forum get way too caught up in how the speakers PWK designed "don't go low enough in the bass end." Well, when PWK designed his speakers he had one goal in mind:

To produce loudspeakers that he could sit in front of in his home while listening to a good recording of a complete philharmonic symphony orchestra, and what he would hear is how it sounded when it was recorded!!! In other words, by closing his eyes he would feel like he was actually there....based on what he heard through the speakers!!!...Accurate and efficient loudspeakers that made the MUSIC sound real...just like being there!!!

That is all...the full MUSICAL spectrum....NOT the bass you feel in an earthquake...NOT the low-end you hear when a car crashes in a movie...NONE of that crap...but MUSIC as originally produced WITHOUT electronic amplification or having been synthesized.

And he did one helluva job, in my opinion!!!

That is what the Heritage series is ALL ABOUT!!...PWK's own designs...not those of others who designed speakers as engineers while working there...but the ones PWK designed himself!!!

Nuff Said!

------------------

The bass of the Heresy becomes very unfocused around 100 hz. When placed on the floor (which I did for ten years), the extra resonances do not add any musicality to the bass. I can sing nearly as deep as this speaker can produce good sound. I cannot approach the depth and quality of sound of a bass cello, not to mention a full range of other instruments.

The best position for the Heresy is on a stand that is one to two feet high and angled 3 to 5 degrees upward. This also seems to limit (but not cure) the annoying vibrations at about 100hz.

While I don't care if Klipsch produces a powered speaker or not, I would like Klipsch to produce a serious audiophile speaker that is as revered as most of the Heritage line, and can be used to hear all the ambient information on recordings as well as the full spectrum that a pipe organ can produce. 17Khz is nealy enough unless your ears can hear 23khz. 50hz is good unless your playing one of the many instruments that extend further.

There's nothing wrong with asking for modernizations and improvements if they can be found and easily implimented.

CC109,

Your points on the bass reproduction of the Heresy are well-taken, but...like i said...its DESIGN PARAMETERS were not to be used as a primary source reproduction unit, but as a FILLER between two k-horns in a three-speaker stereo array.

The fact that it became so very popular as a primary source reproduction unit are in direct reflection on its small size giving such a big sound...in addition to its being the lowest cost Klipsch speaker for well over three decades!

PWK limited himself by creating his parameters, which kept his designs from exceeding 3-way, 3-speaker designs. With that in mind, he still did one helluva job in ALL of his speaker designs!

As for speaker placement in which you emphatically state that the "heresy performs best when on stands...", that is true in some cases, but it also depends on the listener's position and the listening environment. I myself have lived in places where I put heresys on stands, but generally, most of my situations gave better results when they were on the floor.

As for a Klipsch speaker being made for "audiophiles" who desire to hear the full musical spectrum in its entirety, that has been the Klipschorn for many years! I readily admit that the response of the K-horn itself to the low-end bass as found in a pipe organ, are somewhat limited, since it begins rolling off above 32Hz, which is "low C" on that pipe organ, but one must still keep in mind PWK's design parameters..."3-way, 3-speaker, preferably horn-loaded throughout".

If what I have heard about the Jubilee is correct, and if you have the big bucks to purchase them once they are available (real soon, now!), then I think PWK's final effort, in his long career of trying to please the most discerning of audiophiles, will be what you are looking for!!!

As for coming up with solutions to some of the limitations of PWK's designs, I am sure he would have welcomed any fresh ideas, since he spent the better part of a half a century trying to improve them himself! PWK was always a tinkerer, and he loved to adopt any new ideas that came along, if those ideas were worth adopting! God rest his soul!!!!!

------------------

I've heard much (though not a lot lately) about the rumored Jubilee. I expect it to be too large for my use in an average size home and too expensive for me to get my hands on. Still, I look forward to hearing it if my local dealer decides that they can stock anything beyond Klipsch Reference series (another gripe, another thread).

Like I said in my original post on this thread, If the Cornwall is reintroduced, the Heresy should be discontinued in its present format. I think we have hashed out the specifics of that stance already. No need to go into it further.

I have always enjoyed the Cornwall sound. If I were able to afford them when I purchased my Heresys in 1981, I would have. I just couldn't swing that hefty of an introductory price. By the time I was able to invest that much in stereo again, the Cornwall was no longer on the market, and it would be too large for my uses anyway.

It would be good to see them back in the lineup. But I'm not sure the niche it would fill would produce significant sales.

Thanks for starting the thread though.

CC1091

quote:

Originally posted by cc1091:

Forrest -

How could you possibly take that stand when in another thread you are so adamantly FOR individualism?

CC

Again CC109 drawing politics into a audio discussion. BTW i'm all for consumerism I'm just not antibusiness/establishment like you. And It seems to be interfering with any audio sense. Just because Klipsch discontinued your power-towers your just trying to give them trouble. Most People are fine using a Seperate sub so your cry for powered subs in all speakers are mostly ignored by those in the know. LOL

Maybe someday you will learn. LOL Now talk about something that makes sense. LOL

------------------

go forth & hump the world

Important message.

(I use "..." in Emails to mean take a breath and think... Just so you know.)

OK, Folks,

Folks is cool. I have been called worse in my life.

I have noticed what seems to be a lot of interest in Cornwalls in this BB.

Long live the Corwalls. I, too, LOVE these speakers also.

Therefore I would like to take a little poll.

Wow, didn't we go through 8 years of polling? OK, sorry, no more political remarks said...

Please assume that these questions are based upon construction materials and techniques used in the models produced previously. Here goes:

1. Should the Cornwall be made available again? Why or why not?

Yes. It is part of the Heritage line up. It is by far the most talked about speaker on this board. Al K has made a great career even Tweaking it. That doesn't mean it is bad... Rather people love, care, and feel this speaker is incredible and WORTHY of keeping and tweaking too.

2. If it is made available again should it be available in its early configuration with vertical horns, or its later configuration with horizontal horns, or both? Why?

Let the horns go the same way the K horn, Belle, La Scala and Heresy go from left to right. Why you ask? Because it is the same and looks to fit in with the other equipment. You could put it on a rotating disc like the ki362's (I think that is the number) if this really becomes an issue.

3. If it is made available again, should the decorator style be made available, or just the fine veneered style, or both? Why?

I would say three styles you choose the wood veneer... And of course raw birch, too, if it is a cost saver. With so many options to stain or paint speakers today leave it up to us to decide would be great. Would also allow for people in the home theater to do the "Black Stain" at a big savings too.

4. If the decorator style was made available, should it be offered in the early flush front model, or the later drop-in front model, or both? Why?

I do not think this is a big issue. If your talking about the grill here. If your talking about the horns and woofer... Load them from the inside like the K Horn, La Scala, Belle, etc., etc.

5. Should special options in the cabinet be available at, of course, extra cost to the customer? If so, what would you like to see as special options? (E.G., industrial finish, handles, front finished the same as the other panels and no grill cloth, metal grating installed between woofer and front in lieu of grill cloth, etc. put on your thinking cap here)

Are you considering these for CLUB use? Or to be used say for live sound? The original La Scalas in the flightcase look with black plexi glass and metal trim with upgraded woofer and some high end protection too with side handles were a cool PA cabinet yes. But Klipsch has no interest really in this. As proof, look at my post dated several weeks ago in the Pro line section. Where is Dave Walsh?? No one from Klipsch even answers the post. I never I mean NEVER see Klipsch out for live sound such a pity too. I still think the La Scala, Heresy, Maybe the Cornwall and the monster MCM system would have to be marketed and used for people to appreciate it too in a live sound band or DJ/Karaoke Jock set up. Most live Pa Speakers suck IMO... It would be a welcome change, believe me, from someone that has used them for live sound too.

6. What would you consider a reasonable MSRP for the Cornwall relative to the current MSRP for other Heritage models in a "stock" configuration?

This is the killer... On Ebay say a used pair go for 700 low end, to as high as 2200. I know. I look almost daily as a "Hobby checking Klipsch prices" as I call it. LOL I think the new (Old)speakers cant be priced too much or people will not buy them. I think somewhere in the current RF-3 and RF-7 line up, so each one say is MSRP of 1000 to 1800 (I know a big gap, sorry, I do not have the correct numbers to know the price of the components to justify anything, just a gut feeling...) BTW the BLUE BOOK at Ovation Audio in Indy has the Cornwalls at 240-350 dollars... But we ALL know we will never see em that low on Ebay... LOL.

7. Should current owners who want a cabinet upgrade or replacement be given the option of having a new cabinet built using the original serial numbers with a special serial number designator attached to denote the upgrade and the original driver/horn/crossover? Why or Why Not?

This is odd. I say that because if you really wanted a new cabinet, have one made. You can always re stain or paint it. Do you want to own something say a piece of art...that is changed by an apprentice or added too. (Well, maybe Thomas Kinkade does sorry LOL.) I would have loved to have seen a K Horn in Zebrawood I bet it was just incredible. I saw a pair done in black with a high gloss like a piano once... That too was incredible.

How about just issue a pink pass from Klipsch. Hehehehe Include it inside the cabinet... This guy didn't like the original design and decided to change it. Please excuse him for putting curb feelers on this Porsche of a speaker. OK maybe I am too harsh. Did you ask this because there is a market for say someone with old beat up cabinets to trade them in? ( Who gets the old ones? Or can you sell the Old ones on Ebay too? This is a whole can of worms not sure where your going with here. If the Integrity of these fine cabinets is intact... What's the gain to Klipsch people will go to some Speakerparts place like part express and order what they think should go in them? And wouldn't that indeed ruin the line?

BTW I now have at home K Horns, Cornwalls, and Heresy's. (Plus other Klipsch speakers in a HT setup) I have used 4 La Scalas in college. (Live music/DJ situations.) I have also played through a MCM system that really was incredible. What I really liked more than anything else... They sounded just as good as the best stereo systems speakers. E.G., really loud, distortion free, and rocked for hours. And NOTHING ever broke too.

OK that's my 2 cents.

IndyKlipschfan,

Ok, here is your response Smile.gif

RE:

A. Your response to question 2: In the "vertical horn" model of the Cornwall, it is ACTUALLY designed to lay on its side, which therefore makes the horns "go the same way K-horn, Belle, LaScala, and Heresy go from left to right"...some people like the imaging of this design better than the upright "horizontal horn" model.

B. Your response to question 3: "I would say three styles you choose the wood veneer"...there are only TWO styles...those with fine veneers which were originally made from poplar-lumber-core plywood and veneered in various fine woods; and the "decorator" model made from birch plywood. The decorator always sold for less than the fine-veneer versions for obvious reasons.

C. Your response to question 4: Some explanation is in order here because you and many others keep confusing drop-in front cabinet design with the front-mounted (or drop-in)component issue:

The front-mounted components are in the latter Cornwall II...whereas all the previous Cornwalls had their components mounted to the front from INSIDE the cabinet. The advantage to the front-mounted component design is that during final assembly, when the horns and driver are installed, it is faster to do so...because on the older models where the components were mounted to the front from inside the cabinet, even though pilot holes were already drilled, it took longer to mount the components due to having to "feel" for the alignment of the horns and woofer to the holes in the front from one side, while mounting them from the other side. Another advantage is that the cabinet back is permanently mounted on this style, instead of being removable...making for a more solid cabinet in the rear.

All of the fine-veneered Cornwalls always had a "drop-in-front" cabinet design, as have all the decorator models since the winter of 1977-1978, when the changeover in the "decorator" cabinets from the earlier "flush-front" design occurred.

The drop-in cabinet design has the front of the speaker INSET...or "dropped-in"...from the front edges of the sides/top/bottom, whereas the "flush-front" design has the front of the cabinet FLUSH with the edges of the sides. See the enclosed pic for what a flush-front cabinet looks like.

Since the "decorator" model in birch was later built as a drop-in front and earlier as a flush front...then it COULD be offered either way.

Personally, I believe the flush-front decorator has a stronger cabinet design...its drawback being that when a customer wants a grille cloth, it must be stapled to the front of it and then trim added over the edges...also making changing a grille cloth a pain!

D. Your response to question 5: As for special options....take a look at my Heresys in another post titled: MY HERESYS (now with pics!)

Now, picture a flush-front decorator CORNWALL with the same metal grille treatment...cool, huh?

Also consider this...somebody wants a pair of walnut Cornwalls, but doesn't want grille cloth on them...because the customer likes to see the horns and woofer....BUT...the customer doesn't want the exposed front of the speaker black...instead, the customer wants the exposed fronts to ALSO be in walnut and to match each other, and with the metal grilles installed...get my drift? There is NO compromise to the cabinet design involved in this change, it is just a special request from a customer...that will, of course, cost more, if it is made available at all!

By the way, the lascalas in what you call "flight-case look" with the steel corners and the aluminum anodized trim were NOT plexiglass, but were either fiberglassed over, or texture epoxy enamel finish(most with corners and edge trim were fiberglassed).

E. Your response to question 6: MSRP...well...you have to understand that there will be NO WAY to build Cornwalls for UNDER $1000.00 apiece!!..there just isn't any profit in it!! Historically, the Cornwall's price fell close to that of the LaScala...keep that in mind!

As for "blue-book" for electronics equipment or automobiles or for ANYTHING...it is and always has been "BULLSHIT"! It has always amazed me that the public just goes by "blue book" values for items, when those damned books are WRITTEN BY DEALERS!!!..who give you nothing for a trade-in and gouge the hell out of the person they re-sell it too!!!...the NADA bluebook for automobiles....know what NADA stands for?...National Automobile Dealers Association!!!...nuff said! Do you think that when the folks at Ovation Audio in Indy get in a pair of Cormwalls that they have taken as trade-in for the "blue book" 350 bucks...they aren't gonna turn around and sell them for $2,000?...THINK AGAIN!!! LOL!

F. Your response to question 7: There are alot of older Cornwalls out there that have pretty beat-up cabinets. And you are correct in the fact that one could have a cabinet-maker build some....BUT there is alot more to building a speaker cabinet than measuring it for dimensions and assembling one up...trust me on that...cabinet builders tend to slap things together...they aren't as conscious of the fact that full, uninterrupted glue lines are ABSOLUTELY necessary, among other little things, on loudspeaker cabinet construction...and what you get may look the same, but not BE the same!! Besides, the cost for a pair of cabinets to be rebuilt by a cabinet maker are about the same as having them built by a SPEAKER builder, in the long run!

Just think of how many times a "significant other" just can't see the old oak Cornwalls fitting in with the new room furniture in black walnut...but new walnut cabinets can be made to solve that problem!

I agree that certain obstacles will have to be overcome to thwart those con-artists out there, but they can be overcome...for example...the new cabinet has the old serial numbers stamped into it, BUT also has a code that says it is a REPLACEMENT cabinet, AND the old Cornwall speaker back has to be used in the new cabinet because the original LABEL is on it!!

As for your statement..."this guy didn't like the original design..."...nothing I have mentioned so far has anything to do with the functional design of the Cornwall...at most they are cosmetic touches to cabinets retaining the original functionality of the design...that's all!

When my "curb feelers on a Porsche" Heresys were sitting in final assembly, and both the president of the company AND PWK remarked how nice they were...I believe they had no problems at all with the fact they didn't have the look of a regular production item!...as a matter of fact...the company President wanted em REAL BAD!!! LOL! But, as you can see, HE DIDN'T GET EM!!! (I did build him up some nice ones a few weeks later though ) LOL!

As for the con-artists on eBay and such who might try to sell an original cabinet filled with non-original parts...as always..."Caveat Emptor"(yeah, that's right!! I had two years of Latin in high school... LOL!)...that holds true for anything you buy at any time, anywhere. On eBay, especially, anybody who doesn't guarantee themselves they are getting what they expect has only themselves to blame!

I hope I kinda cleared up what I was getting at in my attempt at taking this poll. Whether Klipsch comes back with the Cornwall or not...there MAY soon be an opportunity for owners of Cornwalls to get some nice replacement cabinets from "yours truly" sometime in the future, IF there is enough interest shown Smile.gif

Again, thanks for your input!! And it's nice to hear you enjoy my postings Smile.gif

------------------

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 05-09-2002 at 06:57 PM

HBDRbuilder

You replied to me previously concerning my Cornwalls. First, I indeed would like to see them return but the cost, as many have stated, would probably make them prohibitive to the extent that the market would be slimmer than Klipsch would desire for a product introduction. Also, would you need to build a family of speakers (center, surrounds, etc.) around them as well?

What I am curious about is that you identified my as being constructed in 1975. My tweeter and mid are both horizontal but one post stated the following:

I have heard the "vertical" and "horizontal" side by side and the "vertical" sounds better--much better. Perhaps it had something to do with the fact that the horizontals were made in '82 and the verticals in '64, but the difference, especially in "imaging" and "soundstage" (I hate those auidophile terms!) was breathtaking.

Is this referring to the speaker placement (horizontal or vertical)? If this is so, it says the horizontals were made in 82+. I would appreciate you input. Again, thanks for your previous and very informative posts. I really enjoy reading your comments.

SGARROTT,

UMMMM...First of all, since I DO NOT have the magic serial number decoder ring, it couldn't have been me who identified which year your Cornwalls were made in...it must have been somebody else who told you they were made in 1975.

As for the individual who was comparing his Cornwalls made in 1964 and his Cornwalls made in 1982...I believe you read more into his statement than he intended. He was just giving the years of manufacture for HIS Cornwalls, not inferring that "horizontal horn" models were ONLY made from 1982 onwards.

I know for a fact they were made "horizontal" from the very beginning of production, it was just that at some point the cornwall became offered in the "vertical horn" configuration at customer request, NOT that it was ever the STANDARD version of the Cornwall...most likely the "vertical horn" version was ALWAYS ordered in that configuration at a customer's request.

Even when I was building them between 1977 and 1983, the "horizontal" was the standard, but we still filled specific customer requests for "vertical" models, and those were not built very often.

I hope this clears things up for ya.

------------------

HBDRbuilder

It was indeed someone else who identified the year of manufacture of my Cornwalls 1975). You replied giving me information on the "BB" stamped on the back and some information about the names on the label whom you knew. My Cornwalls (like many others) are Walnut and in almost perfect condition (one tiny nick in on the edge from a move several years ago). I have the original set of cane colored grills with the V emblem and another set of black grills with the horizontal bar emblem. I change them out periodically just for the "hell of it".

Again, you have been very helpful and your information extremely interesting. Thanks--