Bartered the LaScalas found veneer guy

a pair of Belles. I do not have time, space nor the skills. I would like to barter the pair of '80 LS-Brs I picked up yesterday for this work.

The WL Belles really don't need any 'foundation work'.

Anyone know someone in the Houston - San Antonio - Austin area that may be interested? Here is a pic of the offered La Scalas.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another step to the hair and nail makeover being complete. I picked up the Veneer last week and prompyly unrolled it to relax. Then by Saturday evening I had decided on a layout and cut all the veneer pieces. All the body work had been done over the previous week, so on Sunday morning it was GO TIME!

post-46049-13819657093484_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

After about 20 hours, including 12 hrs on Sunday, 1 of the cabinets has a full set of Rosewood veneer, and has been rough sanded to 150 grit. I am going to take a couple days off (hope you dont't mind _I will have them done on schedule)

post-46049-13819657094464_thumb.jpg

HELL YEA, that's what I'm talking 'bout. Nice Ty! Bring them babies back to Daddy........

I gotta look around and see if I have any decent before photos, I don't think so....

History: My buddy in Atlanta beat me to these on Craigslist, called to dig it in and when I started to give him a hard time (he's a JBL guy) he told me that if I maintained the attitude that he would not turn them over to the rightful owner. He bought them on speculation that I would want them at the ever so low price.

I bought him lunch and he delivered them to the house. I ended up with a 7.1 Belle basement but now I have had to downsize due to relocation. I figured as long as I had to "MAKE DO WITH" a RF-83 HT then I would update these for the two channel.

Mods from Greg w/2" VTracs, BMS, Beyma and ALK universals. I am day to day on getting a set of BEC cast irons on hand before Cake brings them home.

The layout was a little wasteful, so I maybe short on material for the base risers, but the local vendor has a couple contacts for me to check with to see if they have a small quanity of "drops" that I can use. There is some really dark "almost black" material left, but it wont look right. I will keep you up to speed on that.

I sure wish I could bring them all the way back to CC and give these beauties a listen. Lets plan on July 1.

Went ahead and got a coat of Watco on a piece to get my batteries recharged by seeing some results.... Take a look at this baby!

This is the inside of the HF tophat _where the Xover & horn belong. This has been block sanded by hand with 240, 320, and 400 grit. Smooth as a babies backside. Mike I will cry when they get a scratch.

Tomorrow will be an endless day of sanding & on Sunday I will lay up the second cabinet.

post-46049-1381965713781_thumb.jpg

Now I'm set to start the second cabinet.... This is a first coat of Watco and loosely bolted together to make it easier to move around and take a pic for you Mike[:P]. When I get the second done I will lay them both out to do all the final finishing.

post-46049-13819657184846_thumb.jpg