Just listened to my new system for the first time!!! RF-82s RC-62 RS-42s KSW-12 Marantz SR-5005

jdnavioneer

Finally got all the wires hooked up and ran through the Audessy auto setup... I couldn't wait to try em out!

I was like a kid on Christmas morning!

I chose Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album to break my new babies in. I started the first track impatiently waiting for the heartbeat like bass drum to gradually start bumping. I think I almost felt it in my chest before I even heard it. I got a tingling feeling in my toes and goosebumps on my arms as the voices, knocking, and lady screaming gradually came in and WOW that first E-minor chord on Breathe almost brought tears to my eyes. I've only ever heard it through cheap headphones or my factory car stereo and it was a totally new experience!

I am thrilled with my new system... It was late when I finally got everything put together last night so I didn't get a chance to try out the Blu-ray. I'm planning on checking out Sin City tonight... I can't wait!!!

Congrats on the the new setup. The waiting while the Audssey runs is the hardest part because it feels like its taking 10 times longer than it actually is. When I set mine up I had everything but the speakers already at my house. I went through all the wiring and connected up everything and waiting a few days for the speakers to arrive. I remember my wife coming down and saying "Wow...They are just speakers" regarding the grin on my face. How do you like everything so far.

Awesome glad you’re happy!! Can’t go wrong with pink Floyd and I agree its music made to hear on a good system. My favorite band and probably the biggest reason I got so into this hobby was like a mission to make it sound as big and powerful as possible. Brings up so many memory’s

I'm jealous! My Onkyo receiver "blew-up" three weeks ago and I haven't yet got it back from my local contract repair shop (only 8 hours from where I live). Also, I ordered my PJ Screen three weeks ago and it was supposed to ship 2 weeks ago, but guess what...the manufacturer is in Tennessee and they had some tornados that delayed it two weeks...now it is flooding there and it will delay a while longer! This really sucks!!!

I guess it could be worse. I could have had a tornado and flood hit my house instead of just my screen.

On the plus side, I got some RS-52s to replace my RS-10s for surrounds, a stand for my center, and a new LG BD player. I'd just really like to try them out.

Heck yeah! I love it... This systems sounds great and will get louder than I can stand without any distortion. The Marantz has plenty of power and you can set your speakers up just about any way you want.

The only negatives I have about the Marantz is the blocky black and white 1980's computer text in the setup menu's is ugly and the Universal remote doesn't have my Motorola cable box in its database. That being said once I got my speakers all set up I haven't had to look at the setup menus and I am gonna get a nicer remote which I probably would have done anyway.