HII's Moved to the Bedroom, WAF Okay for Now.

willland

Just replaced my mahogany RB-5's with my new walnut Heresy II's in my master bedroom. The walnut finish matches my furniture better and the cane grills match the antique brass hardware(that is how I justify the swap). My wife says it is okay for now just until I sell them. Funny thing is you won't find them for sale in the garage sale forum( or anywhere else for that matter).[;)] She did say they looked very nice but just a bit big. I don't know how some of you guys get away with having Khorns in your bedrooms.[:^)]

I kind of have my RB-5's for sale but no ad placed. That would be the only way I can justify having bought the HII's. Selling the RB-5's would be tough because they are the best sounding bookshelf speakers I have ever heard.[:(] I have not decided on a price so they are not "officially" for sale yet.

Here are a few photos.

Bill

post-26822-13819641673746_thumb.jpg

Those look great Bill! Almost like they were made to go with the furniture! [Y]

One thing I noticed though, wouldn't you want to take off the slant risers? It looks like the Tweeter/Midrange is aimed at the ceiling now?

Just a thought and thanks for posting the pictures.

Dennie

Those look great Bill! Almost like they were made to go with the furniture! Yes

Thanks Dennie. The finish on my maple bedroom suit is very close to the HII's walnut.

One thing I noticed though, wouldn't you want to take off the slant risers? It looks like the Tweeter/Midrange is aimed at the ceiling now?

I did think of that but the sound is very detailed with little or no affect from the slight upward angle. It may be because of the 45 degree tray ceiling that is located above my bed? Who knows but they sure look and sound sweet.

Bill

Those look great Bill! Almost like they were made to go with the furniture! Yes

Thanks Dennie. The finish on my maple bedroom suit is very close to the HII's walnut.

I did think of that but the sound is very detailed with little or no affect from the slight upward angle. It may be because of the 45 degree tray ceiling that is located above my bed? Who knows but they sure look and sound sweet.

Bill

That is what matters!

After I wrote that, I wondered if the reflections might just fill the room with sound, and sound great in any location.

It really looks good.

Dennie

Speakers are way too close together & too high for slant risers. Looks like a fairly large room - has to be a better placement.

James,

You are probably right that they are not in an ideal placement but they are toed out about 8 degrees(not in photos) and slant up 12 degrees(I think) and surprisingly image pretty well. I do very little listening in my bedroom so it works out just fine.

Bill