Best record cleaner?

gagelle

My son is driving me crazy since I bought him a turntable. I advised him to use "Diskwasher" to clean his vinyl because I used it for years with no problems. Now these people on an LP forum are telling him not to use Diskwasher because the alcohol degrades the sound of the record over time. They told him to use a carbon microfiber brush. So I checked into this and saw numerous complaints about the bristles coming off onto the record. One fellow even claimed that the microfiber brush scratched his whole record collection. I'm looking for something that is effective at a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Most people use the carbon fibre brushes that cost around $20 with no problems at all, but how somebody scratched his records with a soft brush is hard to picture, and I've never seen any bristles come off.

Those brushes just remove a bit of dust and static charge before playing the LP. To do deep cleaning of records, you can spend big bucks on motorized vacuum machines, but the Spin Clean gets good reviews and doesn't cost much.

You can read about it here: http://www.spincleanrecordwasher.com/

Yup! Alot better than what a friend of mine did with a couple of my LP's way back in the day... He spilled beer on them, and decided to clean them up before bringing them back.... He ran them through a dishwasher..... A sight to behold!! They were so badly warped they would not even fit in the sleeves!

Yup! Alot better than what a friend of mine did with a couple of my LP's way back in the day... He spilled beer on them, and decided to clean them up before bringing them back.... He ran them through a dishwasher..... A sight to behold!! They were so badly warped they would not even fit in the sleeves!

Reminds me of when I left a favorite triumph album on the dash one night after coming home late from a friends place...It sat there for 2 days. Was not a pretty site.