Klipsch RF83

Fresh123

mmm what to do they are 18 hour drive so thats going to add to the cost

I have the perfect solution! Tell me where they are and I'll go buy them and you won't need to stress yourself about it!!! ; )

What state is Park City in? Oh, and by the way, the guy that I was negotiating with for weeks...I wanted his RF-63s for $1000.00 and he wanted $1250.00...he now has listed for $1000.00. I REALLY wanted those, but now they're not in the budget. Oh well. I am quite happy with the RF-82s I got for 1/3 that price.

I say make the drive if you have the time. The drive just adds to the provenance of the speakers. I don't have 1 piece of "new" gear in my entire collection (something I pride myself on), and for most I have had to drive a long ways for (OKC--->Indy and back in 36hrs; a couple of 10hr round-trippers here and there).

$1000 is a steal, what's a couple extra hundred in gas???

PS- I like to drive. I drive about 3hrs a day, and I love my job.

• Moderators

I tend to agree with Blu. I love Klipsch, I love music and I love watching movies. For me personally, I don't think I would drive over 6 hours round trip for speakers. I'm extremely patient and don't mind waiting on a closer deal....even if that took me 10 years. LOL

There is no "deal of a lifetime". Deals happen everyday, all over the world. Many of us on the forums know from personal experience. It just takes patience, persistence and perusing the used marked consistently.

I tend to agree with Blu. I love Klipsch, I love music and I love watching movies. For me personally, I don't think I would drive over 6 hours round trip for speakers. I'm extremely patient and don't mind waiting on a closer deal....even if that took me 10 years. LOL

There is no "deal of a lifetime". Deals happen everyday, all over the world. Many of us on the forums know from personal experience. It just takes patience, persistence and perusing the used marked consistently.

As a rule I agree....but sometimes you can get a deal that may be so good you may never find a better one.[:D]

I say make the drive if you have the time. The drive just adds to the provenance of the speakers. I don't have 1 piece of "new" gear in my entire collection (something I pride myself on), and for most I have had to drive a long ways for (OKC--->Indy and back in 36hrs; a couple of 10hr round-trippers here and there).

$1000 is a steal, what's a couple extra hundred in gas???

PS- I like to drive. I drive about 3hrs a day, and I love my job.

Lol I mean this in the nicest way but your nuts lol[:D] you

never know if the speakers will even still be there when you

get there. Even if

the guy guarantees he

will wait for you he’s a stranger. Can you imagine driving

10hrs and getting there and having him just not answer the

door cause he took

the sure $ from the first guy to show. And have to drive

10hrs back empty handed

$200 dollars in gas,

and a whole day down the drain. Wow

I hear what you guys are saying, but for me, the journey is part of the fun. My fiancé and I love to road trip. We make it a mini-trip, stopping along the way to eat at famous places, and stopping to take pictures of this beautiful land of ours. On the trip to Indy from Okc and back, I had the gentlemen's word AND he worked for Klipsch at the corporate HQ. If I couldn't take his word, whose can I take? And, obviously, these have all been really good deals (IMO). The MSRP on the pieces I got on the Indy trip was $4800...I paid $1400 (all pieces MINT). For some it's ALWAYS about the almighty $$$, for some it's not. Whatever floats ya boat!