McIntosh MA6400 Integrated

Rick

I am thinking very seriously about purchasing my very first McIntosh, an MA6400 integrated amp to power my Heresy IIIs...

I would love to hear input from anyone who has experience with this particular unit...

Thanks in advance... [H]

Hey Rick, Always good to see you!

I guess the RTM thread is broken, huh?! Hmm

I have no experience with that Mac, but I bet someone does! I'm looking forward to the responses.

Dennie

Hi Dennie, good to see you too!! [:)]

Yeah, I see our RTM thread is broken. Hopefully it'll be back up tomorrow...

I am also looking forward to some responses, I'm sure there are some here that have experience with that model... [8-|]

It works very, very well. I have a 6450 (identical except no phono pre-amp). I use it along with 6500's in the Wall of Voodoo. It has been used for K'horns, Belles and Heresy's. Currently it's used with Belles.

Rick, please let me know if you decide on a different Mac for your purposes as I have been trying to find another 6400/6450 for over a year now, and I'd like to contact the seller if that's the case.

[H]

It is being held for me for a few weeks. If I decide to go a different route, I'll let you know. I am almost certain that this is the unit I want, I'm just gathering up the funds by selling, scrounging, etc...

I am thinking very seriously about purchasing my very first McIntosh, an MA6400 integrated amp to power my Heresy IIIs...

I would love to hear input from anyone who has experience with this particular unit...

Thanks in advance... Cool

MA6400.jpg

It sure is good lookin'! thumbup.gif

Dennie

MA6400.jpg

Dennie

Yeah buddy!! I think this is the perfect amp for me based on my current speakers (and probable future upgrade), desired features, and my budget at this time... [Y]

I also happen to think it is gorgeous... [:P]

MA6400.jpg

Dennie

It is a excellent looking unit.... Rick... does it come with the remote?

May I ask how much these units go for? think.gif

That would look great on my gear rack. You've got to love the McIntosh "Blue" lights and meters! thumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Dennie

Dennie... close that wallet and put on another tune... hold back on the temptation... lol..

That would look great on my gear rack. You've got to love the McIntosh "Blue" lights and meters! thumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Dennie

Dennie... close that wallet and put on another tune... hold back on the temptation... lol..
Thanks Boxx, you are so right! blue.gif

I think those "Meters" hypnotized me or something. It was like an "out of body" experience.

I don't even remember making that post!

Dennie liar.gif

Dennie

Thanks Boxx, you are so right! blue.gif

I think those "Meters" hypnotized me or something. It was like an "out of body" experience.

I don't even remember making that post!

Dennie liar.gif

My task here is done... back to the basketball game...

• 2 weeks later...