older klipsch speaker with newer pioneer elite receiver?

DonRSD

well i have a 5 speaker setup

RF-3 ii

RC-3 ii

RS-3

i just upgraded from my onkyo 806 to a pioneer elite sc-27...................will i hear a difference in sound?

i rarely listen to reference volume with 2 kids at home. im more concerned with maybe -25db from reference volume. will the clarity & dialogue be improved with the new receiver?

will i hear a difference in sound?

Maybe. I would opine that the 806 is adequate to drive your speakers cleanly to the volume you would like to listen to in an average sized room. As such, I'd say there shouldn't be much difference, if any. Then again, some people claim to hear differences in their system when they put a jar of rocks on top of their amplifier, so what do I know.

• Moderators

Who knows ? It would probably depend on how the Onkyo processes things compared to the Pioneer, sometimes just a different model in the same line can sound different so all you can do is try it. Good luck

• Moderators

Then again, some people claim to hear differences in their system when they put a jar of rocks on top of their amplifier, so what do I know.

But dude there "special" rocks ! [H]

You really shouldnt hear much of a difference. My guess is they output similar power. I am a pioneer elite fan though. The pioneer may sound a little warmer. I think you made a good choice. Enjoy!

Yep, I agree...... assuming it is a similarly specced receiver (within reason), it may sound slightly different.

My HK was just a little bit better than the Onk I had. I should have kept it. (Seller's remorse for sure).

I love the HK, but the Onk was also a great unit. (TX SR 702)

Similarly; the Elite stuff is high quality also.

Enjoy!

Iron assuming you are okay with not staying with the the latest codecs you should look at getting an older pioneer elite. My vsx-45tx really sounded great with my klipsch and i think it would do really well with the heresies. The vsx-55tx and vsx-56txi would both probably be awesome choices too. I think the sound changed a little bit after those series (not saying the sound got worse but different strokes for different folks). Not saying to go out of your way to get one but if you can find one on the cheap may be worth a try. Plus the remote on the vsx-45tx was the best and coolest remote i have ever owned. I picked up my elite in perfect condition with box and accessories for $165.

Original poster please update us with if you heard a change in sound with the change in receivers.

Iron assuming you are okay with not staying with the the latest codecs you should look at getting an older pioneer elite. My vsx-45tx really sounded great with my klipsch and i think it would do really well with the heresies. The vsx-55tx and vsx-56txi would both probably be awesome choices too. I think the sound changed a little bit after those series (not saying the sound got worse but different strokes for different folks). Not saying to go out of your way to get one but if you can find one on the cheap may be worth a try. Plus the remote on the vsx-45tx was the best and coolest remote i have ever owned. I picked up my elite in perfect condition with box and accessories for $165.

Original poster please update us with if you heard a change in sound with the change in receivers.

Blu,

Thanks for the info.

I currently am on the hunt for a vintage 2 channel for the L 36s.

I am always looking, and if I can find one cheap; I will definitely pick it up.

Thanks for the recommendation.... [Y]

i had to sell the 806 for one missing feature.........dynamic volume.

when the kids are sleeping at night and its a dts-hd codec, i cant use the dolby night time feature to keep dialogue and explosions at the same volume.

so i spent a few more bucks to get the sc-27........should be here tomorrow and i cant wait [<:o)]