New guy :)

fluxionit

So I decided to finally make the plundge and invest in some audio, the audo I invested in happens to be Klipsch brand! I wanted something that sounds great and wont be too expensive... Entry level (sony, jbl, infitinty, technics) were not my cup of tea, and if for the same price I can get some mid range speakers I will (which I did.)

I obtained some used speakers, all beautiful minty condition, no scratches dings or dents and was in a smokeless house... for the whole lot I paid $900 and from what I looked I got a decent deal.

2 x F3's

1 x C2

4 x S1's

1 x Subwoofer 10"

I also have an older Rs's? I think... 150w, I'll take a look later at the exact model.

All of it is powered by a Harmon Kardon AVR 635 and also has a Phillips HD DVD player and a IPOD (using a rca to stereo cable.)

My question to you guys... the 10" for me is a little too much at the time, I want something with a lower wattage... I believe it's a Sub-10, but I'm not certain about it. I am going to put the SUB 10 away for now until I have my own place and replace it with something that's just... less... I wan't less wattage, if possible I'd like something with 100-150watts and Klipsch brand. Any recommendations?

• Moderators

Reason being it takes more watts on my electric bill... lol!

Welcome, go turn off some lights so the sub power would be free. [Y] [:P]

A sub with 150 WPC is the OUTPUT at full output, not what it is using, on average and it draws much less power on average.

A 1000 WPC amp still plugs into 115v wall socket, it will use more than a 150 WPC amp, neither is the same as a light bulb which uses 150 w anytime it's on.

The thumping kids in the cars with 5000 WPC for there subs are not running generators in the trunk, 12V with some capactors.

• Moderators

chicago sucks when it's 98 out

Everywhere sucks at 98 or more, try down here, it feels like were only a few feet from the sun. [:@]

The landlord may have more of a problem with the thump of the sub, if they live close. [:o]