Using Receiver Pre-outs and Fronts

jhvenier

I was wondering if it was possible to use the FR and FL connections on my Denon and still use the Front preouts at the same time? I have an 2 channel amp pushing my 83's, which come from the Denon pre-outs. I picked up a pair of RF-3's this past weekend and was wondering if I could still use the FR and FL outputs from the Denon. Thoughts were since the 83's were already thru an amp, could I biamp the RF-3's using the SB amp, which is not used at this time + the Fronts amp? Otherwise I have to turn the amp way down for the 83's to get the sound from the RF-3's, which are at this time hooked up to the surround A/B connections.

I tried that with my amp... pioneer, and it didnt work well.

what does work well for me is the A/B two zone set up in stereo mode. with CW's on the main A and heresys on zone B

level seems perfect as well as balance, I am very happy

5944542035_a23864de22_z.jpg

I tried that with my amp... pioneer, and it didnt work well.

what does work well for me is the A/B two zone set up in stereo mode. with CW's on the main A and heresys on zone B

level seems perfect as well as balance, I am very happy

5944542035_a23864de22_z.jpg

Schu, Are the plants on those cornwalls real ?

• Moderators

I use a Yamaha Rx V630, I use the A pre-outs for one set of speakers and A on the HT L & R speakers also. There is A and B buttons, my Ht is on A and the pre outs, when I press A the front HT speakers play at the same time the 2 CH on the pre-outs play. I just use the A button to turn off the Ht speakers to play 2 ch, or turn off the 2 ch amps and press the A button for the HT speakers, or both together.

I think I confused myself [:S].............on that receiver the pre-outs play at the same time as the main connections.

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if it was possible to use the FR and FL connections on my Denon and still use the Front preouts at the same time? I have an 2 channel amp pushing my 83's, which come from the Denon pre-outs. I picked up a pair of RF-3's this past weekend and was wondering if I could still use the FR and FL outputs from the Denon. Thoughts were since the 83's were already thru an amp, could I biamp the RF-3's using the SB amp, which is not used at this time + the Fronts amp? Otherwise I have to turn the amp way down for the 83's to get the sound from the RF-3's, which are at this time hooked up to the surround A/B connections.

You might have an option to use Speaker A and Speaker B as fronts depending upon the Denon receiver. If you do have 'Speaker A & Speaker B', 99% you will have an option to bi-amp fronts using A&B.

As mentioned by another forum member, some models does output amplifier channels and pre-out simultaneously.

Good Luck!