Need switches to connect different stereos to K Horns.

Taz

I have about 10 different stereos (amps and recievers) that I would like to play often enough to keep in good working order. I would like to have switch that will connect 5 amps/receivers to the K Horns and another that will conect CD player to said amps/receivers. Two sets of these (total of 4 switches) should work well. Most powerful reciever will be 250 watt at 8 ohm.

# 1; RCA connectors from CD player to switch and RCA connectors from that switch to amp/receivers.

# 2; Speaker wire connector can be banana plugs, spades, regular wire connectors or most anything not too complicated. Less complicated is better for me.

I have a Niles Audio DPS-1 which allows me to switch between two different amps. It woks quite well for 2 but I have not seen anything that would go to 10 amps, that sounds like something that needs to be custom or home built, esp, if you want high quality.

To get the CD to 5 different amps you can use the Esoteric Sound Super Connector. To get all amps to the K-horns, you are going to have to have a bunch of speaker A/B/C/D units to keep the K-horns connected to a single set of wires. You can "daisy chain" the amps/receivers in that case. I would suggest that you go to a "big box" store and see what they use to send the different amp sounds to their speakers on display.

This may be what you want:

http://cms.omnitronic.de/index.php?option=com_article_view&article=10453007&wgtree=A1000902

This looks Good! I struck out with Niles. They suggested I custom build a unit. But this will work for the K Horns I think. Keeping the volume under 100 watts not going to be a problem, just won't crank up the recievers. Thank you, and the others who have been patient and helpful with my questions.

John

I'm not a big switch fan, and like to keep stuff simple, I would use a patch bay with one section RCA and one section banana plugs.

OTOH I don't think I agree with the basic premise of periodically turning on electronics to keep it in good working order.