I Did It Again.......

Ironsave

I just upgraded to HK's flagship receiver from 2005-2007.

(AVR 7300).

http://www.amazon.com/Harman-Kardon-AVR-7300-Surround/dp/B0002KU7N8

110 wpc X 7 and 125 wpc in stereo mode....... (Remember these are actually conservatively rated. It actually benches ~20 wpc higher).....

It weighs 56 friggin pounds! (It BARELY fits in the entertainment stand. 1/2" taller and I'd be screwed)

This thing is every bit as good as my AVR 635 but has more breathing room at high volumes.

WOW.......

Cosmetically; it is near mint. I am waiting to see if the original remote will be found. (I have the multiroom remote).

I just won another remote (almost identical) from Ebay; so either way..........

(The AVR 635 will be going to my relative who fried his receiver in the basement with the recent rainstorm).......

Woo Friggin Hoo!!!!!! The next upgrade has to be seperates. (Probably Emotiva). [:D]

post-14727-13819659856812_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Looking at that site it says 70 pounds, [Y] HK is known for having the rated power, usually more.

Back when I was looking, HK was a good bit more money than most receivers at the same power, it's the only reason I didn't get one, although it's hard to beat there reputation.

My 7200 is still going strong. Sounds wonderful in the bedroom.

ps. If it ever quits don't chunk it....probably a $2 fuse.

The only reason I sold my 7200 was to go to seperates and HDMI. It was a great receiver. I didn't enjoy moving it though [:|]. BIG heat sinks.

My 7200 is still going strong. Sounds wonderful in the bedroom.

ps. If it ever quits don't chunk it....probably a $2 fuse.

The only reason I sold my 7200 was to go to seperates and HDMI. It was a great receiver. I didn't enjoy moving it though Indifferent. BIG heat sinks.

CECA,

It was not fun lugging this thing up 2 flights of stairs.........

But I can not complain..... Worth it and then some.

Right now; I do not care about HDMI, and I am doing most things through my PC. (Optical connection and one extra button to push).

$225 and missing the remote which I got on Ebay for $30. ( I have the Zone 2 remote and the mic; all paperwork).......

My opinion? A solid deal........ This thing kicks ***!

I may have to support the glass panel is lays on; the weight has it flexing about 1/16th of an inch.........

Did I mention it BARELY FITS?

post-14727-13819659921636_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the find!! I remember that being my dream receiver several years ago, it is a powerhouse!! It has a great power supply and if I remember correctly it has a nice big torroidal transformer... [Y]

Wow, I forgot that this beast has two very large 39,000uf capacitors inside...

http://www.hometheater.com/content/harman-kardon-avr-7300-av-receiver

Also, very impressive power measurements!! [8-|]

Harman Kardon AVR 7300 AV Receiver Measurements

Measurements
All measurements were taken on the left front channel output, except as noted. The frequency response of the AVR 7300, from the CD input to the speaker output in Surround Off mode, was -0.43dB at 10Hz, -0.10dB at 20kHz, and -0.59dB at 50kHz. The response from the multichannel input was approximately the same. The gain, from the CD input to the speaker output into an 8 ohm load, with the level control set to -4, measured 28.7dB. The S/N ratio (A-weighted, 2.83V into 8 ohms) was 93dB.

The Dolby Digital response from the optical input to the speaker output was -0.18dB at 20Hz and -0.50dB at 20kHz (-0.54dB at 20kHz for the center channel). The output of the surround channel, with the surround high pass filter set to 80Hz, was -3dB at 82Hz and -6dB at 61Hz. The output of the LFE channel was -0.59dB at 20Hz, -3dB at 118Hz, and -6dB at 123Hz, all relative to the output at 40Hz.

The Harman Kardon's low-level harmonic distortion (2.83V out) measured 0.023% at 20Hz and 0.022% at 20kHz into 8 ohms (and virtually the same into 4 ohms).

With all 7-channels driven, the output (1% THD+noise) was 154 Wpc at 20Hz and 152 Wpc at 1kHz into 8 ohms (197Wpc and 214 Wpc, at 20Hz and 1kHz, respectively, into 4 ohms).

Driving the left and right channels only, the 1%THD+noise level was reached at 191 Wpc into 8 ohms and 315 Wpc into 4 ohms. –Thomas J. Norton

Rick 88 your looking good according to you avatar. Wink

Thanks! As my pals over in the "Right This Minute" thread know, there ain't much I love more in this world than my female singers. I started a new thing last month where I am going to change my avatar to a different favorite of mine each month... [;)]