Best Subwoofer for a RC83/RC64/RS62/RB81 setup

jfviper666

One of my tests for a subwoofer is that I want a seamless blend with the other speakers. I want to be able to switch between subwoofer mode on my AV system, and full range mains, and hear no change in the timbre on material with bass, but not bass below the frequency range of the mains. Some piano works well for this sort of test. I do expect to hear improvements in the sound stage, localization and depth.The rest, making the room shake is just physics and money.

One of my tests for a subwoofer is that I want a seamless blend with the other speakers. I want to be able to switch between subwoofer mode on my AV system, and full range mains, and hear no change in the timbre on material with bass, but not bass below the frequency range of the mains. Some piano works well for this sort of test. I do expect to hear improvements in the sound stage, localization and depth.The rest, making the room shake is just physics and money.

It's not the type or brand of subwoofer that will give you the blend that you're looking for. It's the time and effort that you put into setup that will give you that effect. Experimenting with room placement, phase, crossover setting and bass traps are the only sure way to get what you're looking for. The best subwoofers money can buy can sound like crap if you don't learn how to properly integrate them with your mains. Once everything is done right, your sub will disappear and it will sound like your mains are virtually bottomless.