Integra

vandec54

Hello All,

I visited my local higher end electronics store today and the salesman tried to sell me an Integra (Onkyo line) reciever with all the bells and whistles. I can't remember the model number, but it was some where in the 900-1,000 price range. It sounded damn good in store powering some B&W speakers with a lower price tag.

My questions for you are what is your opinion of Integra? Does it pair well with my Klipsch speakers. Would I be better served looking elsewhere? Thanks

Anyone know if Integra has the same heat "issues" as Onkyo, and if the amps are the same or beefier?

Based on information gathered through detailed study and research,[:D]LOL, Integras do run on the warmer side as do the Onkyos because they are virtually(except for maybe some very minor tweaks) the same units.

Bill

The Integra and Onkyo models are very similar. Benefits of the Integra are: an extra year of warranty, detachable (upgradeable) power cord, more finite tweakes in the speaker distance and crossover points.

If you're going to spend that much money, look at the Integra pre-pro's and then pick up some good amplification.

I have 2 Integra receivers I use daily. They are very good. Pre-pro is definitely better I agree. If he has a budget of $1,000, will he be able to buy a pre-pro Integra, or even pre-Integra and amp anybody else? I have been pricing the higher watt and capability pre/pro stuff, and it is about the same as Marantz stuff. I was looking at over $3,000 for a pre/pro Integra DHC40.2 and DTA70.1. I think the preamp alone was around $1500.

One last thing. Look at Anthem equipment. That is what I am going to be replacing my Integra DTR 5.8 with. Anthem is part of or partnered with Paradigm. They have A/V stand alone receivers, and from what I hear, they have better amps than Integra.

If you're going to spend that much money, look at the Integra pre-pro's and then pick up some good amplification.

I have 2 Integra receivers I use daily. They are very good. Pre-pro is definitely better I agree. If he has a budget of $1,000, will he be able to buy a pre-pro Integra, or even pre-Integra and amp anybody else? I have been pricing the higher watt and capability pre/pro stuff, and it is about the same as Marantz stuff. I was looking at over $3,000 for a pre/pro Integra DHC40.2 and DTA70.1. I think the preamp alone was around $1500.

One last thing. Look at Anthem equipment. That is what I am going to be replacing my Integra DTR 5.8 with. Anthem is part of or partnered with Paradigm. They have A/V stand alone receivers, and from what I hear, they have better amps than Integra.

I was considering an Integra DHC-80.2 processor as it has xlr outputs 4 power supplies and reasonable specs. I would prefer something more minimalist. Has anyone come across a processor with xlr outputs and NO RADIO. I have no idea why you need a radio, if I wanted a radio I would get a tuner, but that would be like going back to morse code, pre television. Does anyone ever use a radio anymore now that we have the internet?

Has anyone used a Oppo BDP-95 or any of their products?

I use a radio and listen to HD stations from time to time on 2 different systems.

I currently have 2 OPPO players and absolutely love them. One is a previous generation DVD player and one is a Blu-Ray player. They always work and have never given a moments trouble.

I use a radio and listen to HD stations from time to time on 2 different systems.

I currently have 2 OPPO players and absolutely love them. One is a previous generation DVD player and one is a Blu-Ray player. They always work and have never given a moments trouble.

I only require the essential functions to the best standard available. That would be a variable number of single ended and balanced xlr output channel options, surround sound processor/pre-amplifier with time alignment, crossover and equalisation for a single Blue Ray player. I was looking for a high quality minimalist unit. I have found that everything is a receiver with a massive number of unnecessary functions and gadgets. It's as if the days of the purist minimal signal path systems are now gone. I looked at the Anthem D2v since the manufacture was mentioned. It is also a high quality unit with features that are not required. Back in the 70's and 80's a receiver was one option and there was also an assortment of specific single purpose components available.

I'm interested in the OPPO BDP-95 and I want to re-mix the 5.1 into 4 channels with the front 2 channels Bi-amped. The preamp only needs re-mixing, equalisation and crossover functionality. I can direct connect the OPPO hdmi to the TV and eliminate unnecessary signal paths, a minimalist approach. Only the 4 speakers and the screen will be in the room. I had expected by this time that all radio would be via the internet as the whole world is available not just the local reception area. I listen to radio via the internet and got rid of my tuner. I also only use cable television.

You may not need or want a tuner, but I don't understand excluding a piece of gear because it has it. Oh well, different strokes for different folks. A pre/pro or receiver tailored to what your specific, individual needs are may be hard to find. I wish you luck on your quest.

Carl

Anthem makes very good stuff and you would not go wrong buying one, but I think that you'll have a hard time finding an AVR from them for around $1000...

Actually the Anthem MRX 300 is $999, retail. It is 80 WPC. The MRX 500 is $1500, and it is 100 WPC. The MRX, which is 120 WPC, is $2000. Who comes up with this pricing? Sheesh!

Thank you for the luck as I also think I will need it.

Both the Integra and the Anthem have what I need regarding the balanced xlr outputs and Hi specs. I'm using a pair of Pass Labs x350.5 one Bi-amp config for each Jubilee. I will dampen the room reflections rather than eq the speakers as I believe "two wrongs don't make a correct", lol. Krell S-1200 does not have crossovers

Thank you for the luck as I also think I will need it. Both the Integra and the Anthem have what I need regarding the balanced xlr outputs and Hi specs. I'm using a pair of Pass Labs x350.5 one Bi-amp config for each Jubilee. I will dampen the room reflections rather than eq the speakers as I believe "two wrongs don't make a correct", lol. Krell S-1200 does not have crossovers

I have installed panels at all first reflective points in my carpeted living room (I have a tolerant wife!) as well as bass traps in 2 of the corners and panels behind the freestanding mains. The ARC software on my D2 still made a huge difference in the quality of the sound that I hear. Don't sell it short. I do realize that all rooms are different however.